JOURNEY TO LOVE - 22

AXEL REED

As the clock struck 6:00pm, I finally arrived at home, the Reed Mansion.  Exiting my Chevrolet, I marveled at the familiar surroundings that held years of memories within their elegant walls.

Just yesterday night, I had returned from my first business tour as the newly appointed CEO of The Reed's Corporation
Since, I directly went to my own penthouse, I did not get a chance to meet my parents. Although I cherished my parents, I liked my privacy.

The moment I stepped inside, a delightful aroma of mouthwatering food greeted my senses. The distinct scent of lasagne filled the air, instantly reminding me of my mother's culinary expertise.

"My baby." My mother, Emma Reed, a beautiful woman with green eyes and flowing brown hair, exclaimed with joy, rushing towards me and enveloping me in her warm embrace. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, mom." I whispered, holding her tightly.

"Just your mother ?" Came my father's playful voice. With his dark brown locks and pale blue eyes, he was still a charmer.

Turning to him, I embraced him.
"I missed you too, dad." I said. He patted my back affectionately releasing me.

"How was your trip ?" He inquired as we settled down on the sofa, ready to catch up on our respective lives.

"It was good." I answered, reclining back in a comfortable position and closing my eyes.

"And what about your meeting with Lucas." He further questioned.

"It went well." I replied, the memories of the day flooding my mind, specifically the image of Amelia, who had occupied my thoughts for the past one month.

Despite encountering numerous women in the past, none had intrigued me quite like she did. From the moment I saw her in that captivating green dress, she had etched herself into my mind.

Her hazel eyes held a captivating blend of confidence and innocence, while her plump, inviting lips beckoned me closer. With her impeccably curved body, she evoked a desire within me that no other woman had managed to stir. I found it impossible to look away from her, my gaze instinctively drifted towards her whenever she was near. She possessed an allure that was simply irresistible, even her mere thoughts had the power to arouse me.

"Son ?" My mother's voice broke me out of my reverie.

"Yeah." I responded.

"Where are you lost now ?" My father sighed.

"Nothing." I replied, attempting to mask the thoughts that had consumed me.

"So, what do you think of the project ?" He asked.

"I quite like it. I am willing to work on that." I told him honestly.

"Great. You can learn a lot from Lucas and even Amelia. I always knew Lucas was a capable man and he could make his place in this chaotic world." My dad appreciated him.

I genuinely admired Lucas and the work he had accomplished, but it was Amelia who stirred my envy. The mere thought of her stirred an intense longing within me, a desire that burned with an intensity I had never experienced before.

Just in time, my phone buzzed, displaying the caller ID as Seth Davis, my closest friend since childhood.

"Hey man !" I greeted him enthusiastically.

"Hey bro ! What's up ?" He exclaimed, his voice laced with excitement.

"I am at home." I replied casually.

"Well, since you're back after a while, are you down for the clubbing tonight ?" He asked.

"Of course. See ya." I responded before ending the call.

After resting and having dinner with my family, time had flown by and it was already 9:30pm. Returning to my penthouse, I changed into a sleek black shirt, pairing it with a brown leather jacket and black jeans. Completing my appearance with chestnut brown boots, I was ready for the night that lay ahead.

Shortly thereafter, I found myself outside  Divinità (Divinity), another one of Lucas Knight's exclusive clubs. As one of their trusted suppliers, I enjoyed certain privileges, one of them being that of a private lounge.

Entering the club, my attention was immediately captivated by the pulsating dance floor, awash with bodies swaying under the enchanting glow of neon lights. As my eyes scanned the surroundings, they locked onto a breathtaking brunette, adorning a shimmering midi dress. As our eyes met, a knowing smirk played on her lips. Returning the gesture, I made my way upstairs to my lounge.

Upon entering, I spotted Seth engaged in a makeout session with one of the blonde strippers. As soon as he noticed me, he dismissed her, and composed himself.

Passing by me, the woman cast a seductive glance in my direction. Nonchalantly, I shrugged it off before Seth enveloped me in a warm embrace.

"Long time no see, man ! It wasn't fun without you here." He gushed, a genuine smile playing on his lips.

"Missed you too, brother." I replied, as we settled down on the sofa. From my vantage point, I couldn't help but notice the woman once again. While sipping her drink, she was approached by a man who swept her onto the dance floor. Our eyes met once more, and she flashed a knowing smile before allowing her partner to guide her through the intimate movements.

By her movements, I would have succumbed to her allure, but, my mind was fixed on a certain woman and I wanted not just a woman, but her. 

"Still not over her." Seth remarked, sipping on his drink.

Sighing, I cursed myself for allowing her to distort all my thoughts.

"I think I will need a fucking distraction." I said, eyeing the captivating woman in front of me. Seth followed my line of sight and leaned in, his voice barely audible. "She seems interested." He whispered. I shrugged indifferently, reclining back in my seat.

"Never did I ever think, you would fell for a woman." He muttered, his voice tinged with amusement.

What is he even thinking ?

I furrowed my brow, puzzled by his thoughts. "Fall for ? I don't fall for anyone." I retorted, tilting my head towards him. He held my gaze intently, anticipating the rest of my sentence. "It's her fucking body that lures me to her. That face, it somehow manages to reflect both seduction and innocence simultaneously. I just fucking want her. I don't love her." I admitted, causing a sly smirk to appear on Seth's lips.

"So, what are you gonna do ? She is practically always tied to Lucas Knight."

"Should I ask if we can fuck ?" I joked, though a part of me secretly wondered about the possibility. Seth had encountered Lucas and Amelia long before I did, having taken over his company a couple of years earlier.

Seth burst out into fits of laughter.
"She is gonna kick your fucking ass, and Lucas might even break your bones. Who knows, they might be secretly dating." He retorted, his amusement evident. "You know, I once tried to ask her out, you know my motives. But she refused, saying, she doesn't date their partners. Well, that was three years ago."

"You'll have to stop thinking about her." He suggested.

"You're right. I'll have to stop thinking about her," I acknowledged reluctantly, attempting to redirect my attention back to the woman before me. My jaws tensed, and I downed my drink in a single gulp, rising from my seat. With determination in my stride, I walked towards the window.

Casting a seductive glance her way, I motioned for her to meet me alone, yearning for a more intimate encounter and taking a momentary respite from the thoughts of Amelia Parker.

___________________________________________

Here is an insight to Axel Reed's character.

I hope you are enjoying the story.
It is beginning to take new twists and turns now.

Please vote, it motivates.

Also, let me know your views in the comments below.

Stay healthy.
Stay safe !!