JOURNEY TO LOVE - 24

AXEL REED

I arrived at Nathan Smith's party, dressed in a navy blue tuxedo, feeling rather unsettled. It had been two days since I last saw Amelia, and despite my efforts, her image seemed permanently etched in my mind. What I initially thought was mere attraction had intensified, making it difficult to focus on anything else.

I tried to push her out of my thoughts, concentrating on work and other aspects of my life, but it was proving to be an arduous task.

As I entered the grand venue, my eyes were drawn to a rectangular pool illuminated by lanterns, flanked by rows of rooms leading to an elevated platform. It was situated on the outskirts of the city, overlooking the beach on hilly terrain. The artificial lights mimicked the twinkling stars above, creating a stunning atmosphere.

Nathaniel Reed, the host, approached me. To my surprise, we bore an uncanny resemblance, and after a moment of amusement, we both chuckled at the situation.

"We certainly share similar features." I commented.

"Indeed. Please, help yourself." He replied. I thanked him and engaged in conversations with some business associates.

Amidst one conversation, I recognized Seth. He playfully teased me about my appearance, and I reciprocated with a light-hearted comment.

"The place is impressive, and the women are even more so." Seth whispered, sipping his drink. I glanced around at the beautiful women, but the one I truly longed for was absent.

"They are quite stunning." I absentmindedly murmured, unknowingly revealing my preoccupation. Seth shot me a knowing sidelong glance, wearing a sly smirk.

"I guess the one you've been waiting for has finally arrived." He remarked. I followed his gaze and was captivated by the sight of Amelia. She looked breathtaking in a red dress that accentuated her figure perfectly, with a tantalizing slit revealing her toned leg.

As I watched, Nathan Smith and a group of men, along with a woman, approached her, and she greeted them warmly with a beautiful smile.

"I'm pretty sure you'd like to be among them." Seth quipped, his tone playful. My grip on my glass tightened. All my efforts to forget her seemed futile the moment I laid eyes on her.

I settled at the counter and ordered a drink.

"Whiskey." I requested.

"Right away, sir." The lady bartender said. "Is everything alright ?" She inquired while pouring my drink.

"I don't see how that's any of your business." I snapped.

"I was just expressing concern. Enjoy your drink, sir." She responded before tending to other patrons.

As I sat there, a nefarious idea crossed my mind. It was wicked, but I was determined to have her, by any means necessary.

"Hey !" I called the redhead bartender. She glanced at me and approached.

"Another round ?" She asked. I nodded. As she prepared my drink, I offered a sincere apology for my earlier behavior. She accepted it, and we engaged in conversation.