Chapter 29

I fell asleep so peacefully that night. My dreams were full of Jed. For the first time, the haunting Ghostface mask was nowhere to be seen.

I woke up in pain. My side was aching, and I saw a huge puddle of red when I looked down. It bled through the bandage and my clothing. Luckily, the couch was still clean. It wouldn't be for long unless I covered up the wound quickly.

"Dammit." I whispered to myself. I groaned as I sat up, pain burning through my entire side. I couldn't make it all the way up. The pain was far too much to handle, making me fall back down onto the couch.

I couldn't help but hold my breath, trying to push through the pain. Small whimpers left my mouth as a single tear fell down my cheek. My hand slowly held my side, stopping the blood momentarily.

"Are you alright?" A voice made me jump. My hand slid across my wound, hurting it even more.

"I'm sorry darling, I didn't mean to scare you." The Ghostface mask appeared right beside me, coming out of the darkness and closer to my form.

"What the fuck? I thought you were dead." My eyes widened as I stared into the mask. I was right. The Ghostface was still alive.

"Not at all, honey. I could manipulate Ace easily. A poor gambler? The cops believe Ghostface is dead. That's what I wanted." He leaned down, kneeling next to my side with a towel that he placed over my wound. "But he attacked you. Anyone in town would have been fine, but the bastered just had to attack my darling."

Ghostface was looking at my side, examining it carefully. I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was upset along with a side of anger.

"Hold still." Ghostface brought a new bandage to me along with a new shirt to change into. He lifted up my bloody shirt and removed the used bandage.

"It's fine, I think your wound is just sensitive." Ghostface said to me even though I feel like he was saying that more to himself.

The Ghostface wiped away the remaining blood and placed the new bandage on top. I'm sure I'll need to clean it more in the morning, but for now I can relax. I let the Ghostface do his thing at my side. I trusted his words. I trust that he's not here to finish the job.

"Help me get this off." Ghostface tugged at the bottom of my shirt.

"It doesn't need to come off." I glanced over at him. Not only do I not want him to see me without a shirt, but I don't mind some blood for the time being.

"Y/N. Take it off." Ghostface had a much more serious tone. A tone that reminded me of the attacks. "You can't sleep in blood."

"You've got to be kidding me." I whispered under my breath. He could obviously hear me, but I don't care at this point.

I propped my shoulders up, whining in pain. Ghostfaces hand glided across my back, helping me up. I wouldn't have been able to get up without him there. I straightened my back, sitting up fully.

"I promise I'm not looking." Ghostface said as he lifted my shirt up. I took a deep breath both out of stress and pain. I don't even care if he sees me in my bra at this point, I just want to lie down and go back to sleep. I couldn't even remove my bra alone with this injury on my side. Not that it matters, I'll just spend some nights with it on.

My arms were lifted, and he took my shirt off. He quickly grabbed the new shirt and put it on me. No more blood. For now, at least. Once the new shirt was on, Ghostface helped me slide back down onto the couch. I relaxed the second everything was taken care of.

"You rest now. I'm still here if you need me." Ghostface said quietly, the voice changer barely picking up his voice.

"Ghostface?" I said when he started to stand up, making him stop and return to my side.

"Yes?"

I had so many questions. There are so many questions that I don't have the energy to ask. For now, I'll just ask one. A single question that he would hopefully answer.

"What's your name? Like... your real name." I asked the killer, unsure if I had crossed a line.

"You didn't get my hint, huh?" Ghostface chuckled while I looked at him with a confused face. "My name is Danny. Don't share it."

"Danny? Like the guy you killed and wrote my name above." It all made sense now. He was targeting me with that kill. He was introducing himself.

"Exactly. Now rest." Danny stood up and left my side, turning off all the lights and disappearing into the darkness before I could stop him again.

I listened to his words and fell asleep almost instantly. Usually, it would take longer to sleep. I was exhausted. My body needed every second of sleep so it could heal.

Oddly enough, I felt safer with Ghostface here. I've come to trust Danny, and I believe that he trusts me as well. I mean, he already showed me his arms, and I know his name. Who knew that this was the type of treatment you got for surviving the Ghostface.

~○~

I woke up to the front door unlocking. It creaked open, and I heard footsteps walk inside the house.

"Danny?" I said without thinking, still half asleep.

"Who's Danny?" I opened my eyes fully to see Jed was there. I was now fully awake, scared to give away the name of the Ghostface the second I learned it.

"No one... I was just having a dream of someone I knew a long time ago." I covered it up with a quick lie.

"Are you feeling better?" I noticed Jed had a bag that he set on the floor right beside me.

"Yeah, I think so. It still hurts, but it's becoming more bearable." I told him the truth.

"That's good, at least. I brought you some breakfast." Jed reached into the bag and pulled out some tubberware containers. Jed's so nice.

~○~