Chapter 5

My cell phone started to ring as I raced around the house. Every door and window were locked shut. Jed already new my address, I was smart enough to exchange numbers with him as well.

"Hello?" The males voice spoke on the other side of the phone.

"Jed, I'm so sorry if this is an inconvenience for you but I just heard a camera take a photo and I know Ghostface has a camera and I guess I just-" I spoke faster then I knew I could before he cut me off.

"I'll be right there. Just hold tight." With that, Jed hung up the phone and I was left alone with my thoughts.

~○~

Prior to this.
Jed's POV

I left Y/N's house after helping her unpack. I'm sure I gave her a scare with all the Ghostface talk. She's cute when she's scared. I'll definitely scare her more.

Poor girl, so worried about Ghostface finding her and yet she invited him straight into her home. I did not want to leave her. I could not leave her.

I was so excited for the day to come. The day I will gut her for the whole town to see. That thought doesn't seem as nice to me as it did before. Actually getting to know her was nice. I can't let her get in the way. She will die.

I got in my car and drove down the street where no one could see before getting my Ghostface uniform from the back. Trees and darkness covered me as I suited up and went back to Y/N's house.

Peeking through the window, I could see her sitting so peacefully on the couch. Her computer sat nicely on her lap as her hands typed. She seemed to be struggling, typing a few words before clicking on the backspace.

That's when she leaned back, her hands covered her eyes. She seemed stressed. It was beautiful. The composition was to good for me not to snap a photo. I will get many photographs of Y/N in the future, but tonight, I had to snap a first. My camera got her attention as I ducked out of the window.

Sitting in a bush, I looked at the photo. She was beautiful. The raw human emotion with the unawareness made it perfect. This photo is definitely a keeper. I peered through another window to see her panic. She was getting more scared than I had anticipated.

That's when something surprising happened. My phone started to ring. Y/N displayed across the screen with the red and green buttons below it. The sheep calls to the wolf for help.

My finger slided across the screen, accepting the call.

"Hello?" I watched as my innocent sounding voice made Y/N already seem more comfortable.

"Jed, I'm so sorry if this is an inconvenience for you but I just heard a camera take a photo and I know Ghostface has a camera and I guess I just-" She quickly started to ramble.

"I'll be right there. Just hold tight." I cut her off, not wanting to hear the whole story. She must be scared of me, a single photo got her shaking.

I watched as the female ran to every door and window, shutting and locking everything. That was smart. Now I can't reach her. Except for the fact that I just need to walk up to that door and she would let me in without a moment of hesitation.

So that's what I did. Not exactly that because I first had to go get my car and drive it all the way back so she wouldn't be suspicious. After all that though, I was going to be in that house.

I walked up to the door and knocked on it. It took seconds for it to open wide. Y/N pulled me in by the arm.

"There was a camera shutter, I swear I heard it." She sniffled like a bunny.

"It's ok. If it was Ghostface, he's gone by now." My own calmness seemed to calm her down as well. Little did she know, she just invited Ghostface right into her living room.

"We can't be sure." Her eyes looked up into mine with a mix of hope and terror.

"I can spend the night if you are okay with it. Then, the Ghostface doesn't stand a chance." I offered. The Ghostface has a better chance if she says yes. Except now is not the time to finish her. So technically, she is safe for a while.

"Would you do that?" Her words were soft and spoken in a low tone. Was she embarrassed? Cute.

"Yes." Just one word and the girl was in my arms.

A tight yet comfortable hug. Her head nuzzled into my chest while I rested my chin in her hair. She was quite warm.

I can't lie, it was comfortable. Y/N was just a good hugger. Unfortunately for her, that is not enough to save her life.

~○~

Y/N POV

I hugged him. I couldn't help myself. He was the one who was going to keep me safe.

"I'm sorry, I hope you didn't mind that." I pulled away quickly when I realized he might not want to be hugged by a coworker right now.

"I didn't mind at all." Blush spread across my face when he said that. It didn't help that his hands were still holding onto my arms, making just enough physical contact to make my heart flutter.

Shut up Y/N, this is not the time to fall in love with the hot coworker. He's only going to be here for one night and then we would probably never speak again anyway.

That's when I remembered it's a new house. A new house with little to no furniture.

"What's wrong?" Jed asked, most likely seeing the worried expression on my face.

"There isn't a bed, I was just going to sleep on the couch tonight but I'm not sure what to do..." I trailed off.

"You can come to my house." The idea was interesting, "if you're comfortable with it."

Jed's house it is.

~○~