Chapter 10

Did I know where I was supposed to work? No. This was technically my first day here and I have no idea where to go. I could just ask Henry but I feel like I should give him some space after the awkward encounter we just had. I guess it's time to meet some of my coworkers.

"Lost?" A voice made me jump while I looked down a hallway. A light tap on my shoulder let me know where the person was.

"A little, yes." I chuckled nervously as I looked at the person. It was a man who looked to be around my age. He had dirty blonde, almost brown hair with hair that was starting to grow at the bottom of his chin. He had bright blue eyes as he looked at me. He wasn't bad looking.

"You're Y/N right?" He asked, "We heard you would be coming."

"Yeah, that's me. What's your name?"

"I'm Randy. I didn't plan on getting a job here... but I can't complain." He paused for a second to hold his hand out toward me. I took his hand and shook it before he spoke once more. "Just down the hallway and to the left, that's where you should find your working space."

"Thank you, Randy. I'll see you later?" I tilted my head at the question.

"Yeah, maybe we could even get coffee sometime." He had a bright smile.

"I'd love to." I smiled back before we split ways.

My mind instantly went to Jed. Maybe he wanted to take me out to coffee instead. I did just stay at his house last night, not to mention he's going to drive me home after work.

It's not like we're a thing though, he was just protecting me from Ghostface. That's it. My heart skipped a beat when I remembered the blood. Ghostface could have killed me. He would have killed me. I think staying with Jed is the only reason I'm still alive. Or I'm just being dramatic.

I let my legs guide me down the hall and to the left just like Randy had told me. There was a small room with four desks in each corner. Two of the desks had people while the others didn't.

One girl stood up the second I walked into the room. The other guy didn't move a muscle.

"Hey! You're Y/N yeah?" She asked excitedly. I'm getting sick of that question. I feel like everyone knows me already but I don't know anyone. It's not a bad thing though.

"My name is Feng." She spoke before I could say anything, "Our desks are right across from each other."

She pointed to one of the empty desks. That must be all mine.

"It's nice to meet you." I smiled and shook her hand before she turned quickly.

"I let you get to work. Talk to you later!" She was cute, and very excited but didn't hold a long conversation. I'd rather have those few words than say nothing like the man I have not met who just sat at his desk. I considered talking to him but figured he would approach me if he wanted to talk.

I went to my new desk. It was empty besides a printer and a computer. A really old computer that I didn't even plan on using to write. I already have my laptop which should work fine, and I can take it home to continue my work. Maybe I'll use the computer for notes so I don't have to go in between tabs as much.

I got out my laptop and went straight to work. All I needed to do was edit my writing. I have to finish this article soon, usually, they get finished on the day of the murder. I think Henry gave me extra time because I'm new. With the new murder, this article might not get any views. Instantly making my job harder.

'The Ghostface then attacked' That could be better. I paused writing for a second to think, 'The Ghostface viciously attacked' a little better.

"Ugh." I sighed quietly so the other two people in the room couldn't hear me. I was getting stressed out. The constant thought that this article has to be amazing was a hard thing to cope with.

"Are you okay?" A voice made me jump out of my skin.

"Jed, you scared me." I laughed it off when I turned to see his familiar face.

"Sorry about that. Just wanted to check up on you."

"Well, I'm doing good. Thank you." I smiled.

"Alright, ask me if you need help with anything. My desk is the only currently empty one in the room." Jed chuckled as he pointed to his desk. It was close to mine, the closest one to mine.

"Thanks, Jed. For everything."

"Anytime, darling." He said before splitting up to go to his desk.

'Darling' I thought about that for most of the day. Maybe Jed was closer to me than I thought. We did just spend a night but I still don't know what to think about this. The entire time being here has been frustrating. It made me regret going off on my own. At the same time, this is the next way I could carry on with my life.

After a few more fixes, I was finished with the article. A sigh of relief left my lips as I sent the article to Henry. All that needed to happen now was the posting process.

The thought of going home went through my head. I can't just live with Jed, I'll be alone tonight. Ghostface has a better chance to get me now than ever.

I forced the thoughts away. I'm careful, I'll be aware of what happens in my house tonight. I will not be killed by a psycho in a mask.

~○~

A/N
Heyyyy
I watched scream 6
No spoilers
But I will say it was absolutely amazing 👏 👏