Chapter 24

I finished the meal, putting the empty plate in the sink to clean later. The Ghostface hasn't come out of the room yet. I'm assuming he just left completely. There wouldn't be any reason to stay here.

The sun had completely set, covering the once bright blue sky with a dark, almost black one. I was feeling exhausted. After the cops are outside and Ghostface coming back, I really just wanted to relax. I did what I normally did and fell down onto the couch. My eyes closed, and my body immediately sank into the warmth of the couch.

"You don't sleep in the bedroom at all?" A voice made me jolt up, staring at the Ghostface mask that was way too close to my face.

"Why do you still get so scared?" Ghostface laughed, "am I really that spooky to you?"

"I thought you left." I sighed and laid back down, my heart rate slowly decreasing. It felt quite weird considering there was a serial killer right next to me who has no problem ending my life right here and now.

"Nope, still here. Now, my question?" He got down, low to the ground just so he could be closer to my face.

"You attacked me in that room, I hate going in there." I glared at him, remembering what he had done to me.

"If I say sorry, would you go back?" His voice sounded so soft as if he was trying to comfort me.

"Why would you care?"

"I don't. I was just wondering, but if you're going to act like that, I guess we both have the couch." Ghostface stood back up, looking down at me.

"What are you talking about?" I moved up, leaning on my elbows as u tried to figure out what he was saying.

"I'm not sleeping in the bedroom, the windows broken. The cops would see me immediately." He held his hands out as if he was trying to debate with me.

"You just ate in there?" I pointed out.

"Yeah, away from the window that the bed is close to." Ghostface made his own statement. Sometimes, I regret getting a bed, I've only ever slept on this couch anyway. Especially after the incident.

"Why do you want to sleep here anyway?" I sat up fully, staring into the mask.

"You think I'm just going to leave you with cops outside the house? Darling, I hate to break it to you, but I'm the one on charge here." His voice sounded so condescending and quickly turned into a much more demanding tone. "I'm staying tonight. Either you sleep in your bed or sleep with me. "

I looked at him for a moment. A mix of anger and discomfort on my face before speaking. "I'd rather you didn't stay in my house at all... but you are the one with the knife."

I forced my legs to stand up, moving away from the couch. I held my arms out as I exaggerated a shrug and left the room. My feet were sluggish as I walked down the hallway to the bedroom. Chills went up and down my spine as I slowly opened the door.

The second the door was open and I could see the room, tears fell down my cheeks. My hand cupped my mouth, trying to hold back whimpers as I stared at the room. I hated this. The memory of what happened played over and over again in my mind. My free hand slowly brushed over the scars I got from that night. From him.

"Oh darling. Come here." I made myself look like a fool once again for jumping at Ghostfaces' sudden presence. My hands wiped away the tears I had, hiding the fact that I was even scared at all.

"Why do you keep calling me that?" My tone was more defensive than I had wished it was.

"A pet name of sorts. You are, after all, just a pet to me." I turned towards him, looking up at the mask that loomed over me.

I roll my eyes and walk away, getting as far away from that damn room as I could. Ghostface, of course, followed me.

"Lay down, I'll sleep on the ground." He said as he left to grab a blanket and pillow that he shouldn't know the location of. That stalker.

"Are you sure?" I asked him. I wasn't sure why I asked him that, I didn't want him to sleep in my house anyway. Let alone sleep on the ground.

"Lay down." He said in a much more demanding tone, to which I complied. He could get scary fast.

My head rested on the couch, watching the Ghostface when he set up a makeshift bed on the floor. It was way too close to where I was sleeping. In fact, I don't think I'd be able to get up without waking him. He laid down, looking up at me.

"Goodnight." He said, mask and voice changer still on.

"Goodnight." I whispered back to him, moving closer to the other side of the couch.

I closed my eyes but couldn't sleep at all. Not with a serial killer next to me. I did my best to relax every muscle while letting myself sink deeper into the warm couch. It helped a little, but still didn't make my mind stop spinning. He must have a plan. There's no way the Ghostface would peacefully sleep next to a soon to be victim. He's planning something, I can feel it.

Either he wants to do something while I sleep, or he wants me to trust him. I don't believe what he said about the cops. He's not staying because of them. So why is he still here?

~○~