Chapter 13

Danny Johnson's POV

How could she? How did she? I shouldn't have lost my patience. I craved her blood. I needed my hands covered in it. I should have waited like the original plan. I just couldn't, I needed her. Her death was going to be so sweet, and here we are. She lived. The first person to escape me. All because I became impatient.

My Ghostface outfit was off, leaving me in my normal journalist clothing. That's when I got a call. I expected this call. I answered without looking at the screen.

I opened my mouth to say a greeting but was instantly cut off by a fast and sporadic voice.

"There was a murder... I think it was at Y/N's house. You have to get there now." Henry spoke quickly. Normally, he doesn't care about who was involved. He must have gotten close to Y/N.

Not to mention he was wrong. Y/N was still alive. I wouldn't tell him that, of course. Not yet, at least. Not until 'Jed' finds out she's alive.

"I'm on it." I said before hanging up. I shouldn't have to wait too long to go over there. So I didn't. I drove down the street and parked where I could. Other news reports were being held back by police officers. There wasn't an ambulance. There hasn't been for a while. Police just assume Ghostface kills everyone before they can do anything. Might as well save gas.

I pushed through the crowd, taking a few pictures as I moved. The house was completely surrounded. Especially after people learned there was a survivor.

"He was in the house." I could hear Y/N's voice tremble from not too far away.

"Y/N?" I called out, trying to get her attention.

"Hey buddy, you can't cross this point." An officer put his hand on my shoulder, holding me back. I could feel my face fall from Jed and almost slip into Danny. He was getting in my way.

"I know her. Get out of my way, 'buddy'." It was a bit harsh, but he stopped me from getting to Y/N. I can't quite tell why all of a sudden I needed to be close to her. Maybe it was guilt for my failure.

"Jed?!" Her voice grew louder.

"Miss, you should stay still." Another officer called to her when she saw me.

"I know him, please let him pass." She begged.

This is when I got a full glimpse of her. Blood splattered all around her small wounds. If only they were cut deeper. Dirt crowded most of her features, not to mention the bruising I could see. I'm sure her back is almost purple after a fall like that. Small shards of glass cut her skin in many places. It's unfortunate how the glass cut her more than I did.

The officer who was once in my way released me. Y/N basically fell into my arms. She squeezed my waist and started to cry.

"I was so scared..." she whispered, faint enough that only I could hear.

"I'm here now." I whispered back. She doesn't know that I was, in fact, here before.

"Miss, you need to lay down. You could have broken something." The same officer from before called to her right as an ambulance pulled up. The bright lights caught everyone's attention, making the crowd move.

People rushed out of the ambulance and to Y/N, taking a stretcher with them. They were a bit dramatic if you asked me. She only fell out of a window from a first story room. Then again, maybe she was tougher than they thought. She did run up to me just fine after all.

I was angry when they took her away from me. It felt like I had lost her all over again. She shouldn't have survived this night.

~○~

Y/N's POV

The door to the ambulance closed, leaving me and two paramedics. They checked me for any wounds even though I told them I felt fine. Nothing was broken, but I did twist my ankle. I thought I'd have more injuries from jumping out a window, but the glass hurt me more than the fall did.

"Do I have to go to the hospital? Shouldn't I go to the police station to answer questions instead?" Not only did I not want to pay a fine for this, but I felt it would be safer around cops. I can't imagine going back home alone after all of this.

"Officers will question you tomorrow. Normally, we wouldn't have someone in your condition stay for so long, but we haven't been in this situation before." A man answered me.

We all stayed quiet the rest of the way there. I was still in shock after what happened. The mask lingered every time I shut my eyes. Opening my eyes wasn't any better. All I could see was the back of the ambulance, reminding me of the encounter.

The Ghostface. He was real now. He was real before in newspaper articles and pictures. Now, he was a real man in my mind. A being I could hold and touch. A man who plans to kill me. Was he mad that I escaped? Did he plan to let me live so I could be tortured? I'll never know until I meet him again. Something I planned on not doing.

We eventually got to the hospital. Doctors rushed out and brought me inside. It was quiet there. So quiet you'd think we were in the Haddonfield hospital in Halloween 2. I guess not a lot of people got hurt in this small town. I'm sure the morgue was more busy than here.

"Miss L/N?" A woman walked up to me. I looked up to see her. She had black hair and was average height. She looked quite professional with her doctors uniform and a name tag reading 'claudette morel'.

"Yes?"

"I'll be your doctor for the night. From the looks of it... You don't really need me. I can still patch you up." The doctor went into a cabinet and grabbed a few items from it.

"My name is Dr. Morel. Jump out a window, huh?" She moved fast in conversation as she started to clean the small cuts and wounds all over my arms and legs.

"Yeah - something like that."

~○~