Chapter 9

I can not enter the front door of my own house. She's right there and will see me. I'm sick of crawling in and out of windows today. Jake wasn't a hard hunt, but I did feel tired. Maybe it was because I spent so much time with Y/N. My social energy is definitely low.

If she sees me now, I'll kill her. I just want to enter my house the normal way. Something felt wrong with that. I didn't want her to die. This is just the start of a long-lasting obsession. I've had them before, each one ending with some of my most violent kills to date. She has to live so I can watch her, follow her, stalk her. She needs to be watched by me. I need to become more important in her life. If she sees me now, I'll just kidnap her until I get bored. Then I'll end it.

My hand grabbed the door handle, leaving behind blood that I'll have to clean up later. The sooner I clean it, the better chance I get at not being caught.

All the lights were off. That's good, Y/N must be asleep. My theory was proven right when I saw her on the couch. Her face was completely relaxed with her hands under the pillow, holding her head. Her H/C hair floated across her face, hiding some of her features.

It disgusted me that I couldn't see all of her face. So I lifted my gloved hand up and slowly moved her hair out of the way. Some blood dripped onto her skin. The sight of blood on her made my stomach turn. It's more like something lower than my stomach.

There needed to be more. It needs to be her blood. I can't do that, not yet. Instead, I use my pointer finger to draw a simple heart on her cheek in blood. Would this scare her when she wakes up? Or will she just brush it off. She was smart enough to pay attention to the camera sounds. That's okay, I like it when she's scared. I love it when she runs to the killer for help.

~○~

Y/N's POV

I groaned when I woke up. The sunlight shined brightly through the house. This isn't my house...

I sat up in a quick panic before calming down. This is Jeds' house. I don't have anything to worry about. All the memories hit me.

My phone was lying next to my laptop beside me. I turned it on to see I woke up before my alarm went off. That's one of the worst feelings in the world.

My body dragged as I lifted myself up, stretching all of my sore muscles before wondering to a bathroom. My hair was a mess, my clothes felt all dirty, and there was blood on my face. There was blood on my face?

This was the moment when I woke up. My brain was kicking in, and my blood started pumping. A red heart found its way onto my skin. It had to be blood, there was even drips around it.

A shadow moved past the door, making me jump out of my skin. I peaked out to see Jed walking through.

"Jed!" I called out to him with leftover feat from my discovery.

"What happened?" He looked at my face with concern.

"I don't know... I woke up, and there was blood here." I started to panic the more I thought about it, "It's a heart. Do you think it was Ghostface?"

"It could have been." Jed grabbed a paper towel from the kitchen and returned to me in a second.

"Let me see," he held my face as he gently wiped the blood away. "I'll drive you to work today, okay?"

"Thank you..." I was confused. He changed the conversation quickly, not paying much attention to the obvious sign of Ghostface.

"You can take a shower if you want to. Breakfast would be on the table when you get out." Jed said with a bright smile.

I nodded and went back to the bathroom. My panic was calming down with Jed around. Even with him here, I'm still in danger.

~○~

The drive to work was mostly quite besides small talk about writing. That is until I asked the important question.

"Shouldn't we call the cops about the blood?" I spoke out loud as I remembered what had happened.

"No, there's no proof of it." Jed replied quickly.

"But it would at least make cops aware that I might be in danger."

"That's true, but I've been looking at the Ghostface cases for a while, and cops help just make it more dangerous for the victims. Trust me, their attention isn't what you need right now." He spoke. Jed did know a lot about the kills. There's no reason for me not to trust him.

The car pulled up to the building. I was surprised to see our boss run up. He tapped on the window with slight aggression.

"Yes?" Jed rolled down the window.

"There was a murder. Get there fast and take pictures. This one will be headline work." Henry spoke quickly. "It's on 28th Street, you'll see the lights."

"I'll pick you up later to take you home. Okay, Y/N?" Jed said as I left the car so he could go. Maybe someday I'll get to go out to the field. For now, I'm better staying back and hearing information from other people. It makes my job much harder.

"Stay safe. I'll see you later." I said with a small wave before Jed sped off to the crime scene.

"You... spent the night with him?" Henry turned to me after asking the question.

"Not in the inappropriate way, but yeah. It was like a friend sleepover. No, that's weird... it was like a coworker catch up." I started to panic as each word came out worse than the last.

"Alright." Was his only response before we split up. That was an awkward encounter.

~○~