Self harm

TW! This oneshot is gonna contain scars of self harm and mentions of it. If that is triggering to you, please take care of yourself and maybe skip this one.

If you're struggling with self harm, know that you are not alone. You deserve to feel good and be happy. If you are able, please talk to someone who you trust, whether that be a parent, a teacher or a therapist. Or try talking to organisations like mind, who can offer information and/or support. There are different organisations and numbers for different countries, google can help find the right ones for you. But know that there are people out there who want to help.

Please, take care, and big hugs from this random writer.

---

I know that it isn't good. Obviously. I'm not dumb. I cover the wounds and scars up for a reason.

I hate it when people stare. They look at my scars and then they look at me like I'm some freak. A suicidal nutcase. They always treat me differently after. Like I'm fragile. Maybe I am. I don't know.

All I know is that I have no control over my life. This? Dragging a razer over my arms and legs? Atleast I know that I have control over my body. Unlike anything else in my life.

It was a hot day at Blackmore university. I was still wearing a hoodie and jeans. Obviously sweating, but I didn't want people to see. I bet most people already know. But people get so uncomfortable when they see them. I hate that.

It was time for econ. I walked into the lecture hall and took a seat, not talking to anyone else. I prefer to be by myself. More students walked in, talking, laughing with each other. I was looking at my previous notes, trying to rehearse what we'd gone through last time. The seats around me filled up quickly. A brown haired boy sat down on my left. I've seen him before in class, he usually doesn't talk that much.

I glanced at him. Brown hair, nervous look on his face. Maybe he doesn't like the crowd as well?

I looked away and started to draw on the corner of my paper. I noticed that the brown haired boy was frantically searching theough his bag.

He sighed and then looked at me. Then looked back into his bag, then back at me.

"Uhm, excuse me?" He said gently, still making me jump. I looked at him, noticing his brown eyes.

"What?" I sneered, and immediately realised that I sounded rude. So I tried to smile in order to not seem like a bitch.

Judging from his nervous face, smiling didn't help.

"I'm sorry, I just- Do you have a extra pen? That I can burrow?" He asked quickly, and scratched his neck.

"Will you give it back?" I said as a joke. He blinked once with those big, brown eyes.

"Yes, of course! I promise." He said, drawing a cross over his heart with his finger. I shook my head and chuckled. I digged through my bag and found a pen and reached it over to the cute guy.

Cute guys usually don't talk to me. But hey, he needed a pen.

As I handed over the pen, my sleeve was sliding up, showing my scarred skin. Some scars were older, other were newer. Multiple scars, many deep, was revealed for the brown haired boys eyes.

He saw them. I know he did, I could see it in his eyes. I dropped the pen in his hand and quickly pulled down my sleeve. Staring forward. I could feel the shame growing. He probably thinks I'm dumb. Or that my scars are disgusting. Or that I'm crazy.

He was quiet for a moment. I saw, in the corner of my eye, the way he spinned the pen between his fingers. Then he leaned closer to me, making me look up at him again.

"Hey, I have scars too." He whispered, looking forward.

I breathed out.

"You do?" I asked in disbelief, looking at his arms. He was wearing a blue t-shirt. His arms were clean and lean.

"Not there." He said, still talking in a low voice. "My, uhm. I have scars on my back. I can show you some time."

I chuckled.

"Damn, take me to dinner first." I jokingly said, shaking my head. He looked at me, his brown eyes making me feel something different.

"I'm Ethan. What's your name?" He asked.

"Y/n, why?"

"So I know who I'll eat dinner with later."

That made me choke on my own saliva. I coughed loudly, making the girls on the row in front turn around and glare at me. I mouthed "sorry", making them roll their eyes and then turn forwards again.

I turned against Ethan, really looking at him. He smiled lightly against me, before turning his attention towards the lecturer. The econ class was just about to start, but I decided to be bold and wrote up my contact information on a piece of paper and slid it over to Ethans desk. He took the piece of paper, smiled, and put it in his pocket.

I, for the first time ever, couldn't focus at all on the lecture.

---

It was never mentioned in the movie, but I think that Ethan could definitely have some kind of self harm. I think so atleast, so that is why he has scars too in this story.

Thank you all for reading!