Knife

My heart was beating like crazy. I had never been a sports kind of girl. Cardio had never been a friend of mine. But now I was running for my life, instead of running for a grade.

Ghostface was not far behind. Only that he had removed his mask. Ethan, but it was like I didn't even know him anymore. The nervous, cute boy had turned into a killer. Or perhaps he had always been? Had I been too mesmerized by those eyes that I hadn't seen it?

I wasn't thinking about where I ran. In this shrine for every Ghostface to have ever existed, the hiding spots were limited. To my big dismay, I realised that I had ran myself into a dead end. I turned around, my lungs were screaming for air.

"Y/n, wait. Wait, wait, wait." Ethan said, talking very quickly. He gave off a small laugh.

"What's so funny?" I said through my gritted teeth. "You're insane!"

"That was rude. You've always been nice to me, Y/n."

"Nice? Of course, you were my best friend. Or atleast that's what I thought, but I obviously didn't know you at all." I said, the betrayal felt like a knife through my heart. Probably a bad comparison, I realised while glancing at the blade in Ethans hand.

"Oh, I've never told you this, but why do you always have to be so fucking dramatic?" Ethan laughed. Usually, I would have loved to see him this happy. But knowing the reason behind his happiness dampened that feeling of joy.

"Another thing I never told you," Ethan paced around, he could barely containg his excitement. "I've actually always had a thing for you."

I just stared at him.

"What?" I said, not believing that he choose to tell me this now. Was he just playing with me?

Ethan suddenly towered over me. Blade against my throat. I didn't even dare to swallow. He leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"I don't want you to die."

"Then don't do this. You can still make the right thing." I pleaded.

He hesitated for a short second. I saw my chance and kicked him hard in his stomach. He stumbled, dropping the knife. I grabbed it, and pointed it towards him. My hands were shakikg like crazy. In the background I could hear Sam and Tara screaming, fighting the other two ghostfaces. Their voices were muffled, but I atleast knew that they were still alive.

Ethan recovered and stood up, running a hand through his brown hair. I watched as he strode back to me. He was breathing heavily. Determination flashed in his eyes.

"Can I have my knife back?" He smiled, and opened his hand towards me. "I promise I won't stab you."

"Yeah sure, as if I could ever trust you again."

"Come on, it's not like you'd ever hurt me. We both know you're not a killer." Ethan stepped closer to me, making me back up against a wall. I held the knife in front of me like a shield, but he was right. My hands were shaking violently.

Luckily I didn't have to make the decision to stab or not to stab. Tara shoved Ethan away from me, grabbed my hand and dragged me with her.

I heard Ethans laugh behind us. It felt like he wanted to give us a head start before he'd chase after us. When I used to wish for Ethan to chase after me, this was not what I meant.