42.

Wardell Stephen Curry.
Oakland, CA.
1 month later.

This has been the weirdest month of my life. For starters, this fucking Covid-19 virus has us stuck inside until further notice. NBA basketball has been suspended. My birthday was hella dry this year given the circumstances. Raelyn and Alani are living with me since her house is still a crime scene. But I must admit, it has been nice having all my kids under one roof.

In case you're wondering, things between Alani and I haven't really changed. We barely talk. Riley and Ryan have adjusted well to Alani and Raelyn but they're still confused about how she's their little sister since Ayesha wasn't pregnant. They're too young to understand everything but they love their sissy nonetheless.

Ayesha has been around to visit the kids per usual. I try to stay as far away from her as possible. She's tried to apologise multiple times but I'm not going for it. Trust me, there's been many times where I've been jealous but I would never let it get to the point where I conspire to have someone kidnapped. Alani might forgive Ayesha or whatever but that just come as easy to me because I have kids with her. I've seriously really been thinking about filing for sole custody. I'm not quite sure if I want the kids around all that craziness.

"Daddy! Are you listening?" Riley repeatedly tapped my shoulder, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No. What were you saying?"

"I was asking why Lani is always in her bedroom. I haven't seen her or sissy today." Riley said, looking concerned.

Alani tends to isolated herself when she's in her feelings. You know it's serious when Riley starts to notice it too.

"Lani is just going through a hard time right now. She'll be okay, Ri." I replied. I'm not even sure if I believe that myself.

Riley gave me a small smile before turning her attention back to the show she was watching. Ryan was sound asleep next to her on the other side of the couch.

Minutes later, Riley falls asleep too. That's all we do lately. Eat, sleep and repeat. I grabbed a blanket and covered her.

I then went upstairs to check on Canon. He started walking so he's been a handful. It's hard keeping a toddler entertained because they have such short attention spans.

I know I probably shouldn't be doing this but I needed to check on Alani. Regardless of what's happened with us, I'll always make sure she's good. I slowly pulled the door open and saw her sleeping on the bed. Her eyes were closed but she was stirring in her sleep. I could tell she was having a bad dream.

"I said I was sorry." She mumbled faintly under her breath. "Don't hurt my baby!" She said loudly, which startled me.

Her chest was heaving up and down as beads of sweat covered her forehead. I sat down on the bed next to her before she abruptly sat up straight and began searching for Raelyn.

"Rae!" She quickly got out of bed, letting out a sigh of relief when she saw Raelyn safe in her bassinet.

"I was just a bad dream, baby. You're safe. Rae is safe. It's okay." I tried to reassure her. Her head snapped in my direction.

Alani stared at me. She looked tired and her eyes were swollen, probably from crying. This is the longest we've been face to face since coming back from the hospital by the way.

"What are you doing in here?" She asks, returning to the bed.

"I wanted to check on you." I stood up from the bed and held my hands up.

"I'm okay." She tried to dismiss me.

"No, you're not." I countered. "You're going through a lot and I understand that. You're not alone. I want to be there for you."