29.

Wardell Stephen Curry.
Oakland, CA.

Today was media day and I wanted to be anywhere else except here. Having to put on a fake smile while we film this content for the upcoming season is draining me. But I'm happy the season is starting. I can take my mind off how depressing my life is right now. Road trips are coming up which means less time at home, which I'm excited about. Sounds like a horrible thing to say but it's the truth. The more time I spend away from Ayesha the better.

Things between us have pretty much been the same. The only reason why I chose her over Alani was for the sake of my kids, not because I'm still in love with her.

My heart still belongs to Alani even if she's distracted with Klay right now.

I can't really blame her for wanting to move on. Things have never been smooth sailing for us. I just wished she'd given me more time to get my shit together. Besides, I know she still loves me and that doesn't fade over night.

I'll let Klay have her for now, she'll be back real soon though.

"Steph, you good?" D'Angelo asked, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm good." I gave him a soft smile and went back to the locker room to change back into my street clothes. Seconds later, Klay walked in and got changed as well.

"How's your rehab going, my man?" I asked, trying to break the awkward silence.

"I'm making good progress. I get re-evaluated in a couple of weeks so the doctors should give me a timeline of when I'm expected to return." He explained.

"That's good to hear." I genuinely replied. Even though we're in this weird love triangle right now, I don't think I'll ever stop caring about him.

"Look Steph, we need to talk." Klay said with a serious look on his face.

Here we go.

"It's about Alani. I'm sure you know that we're together now. I don't want any weird tension between us or anything."

"Klay, I don't care if y'all date each other."

Klay scoffed. "I know that you and Lani were more than friends, Steph. She told me everything."

The fuck?

Of course she did.

"Again, I don't have a problem with it. Alani can do whatever she wants." I swallowed hard, feeling a lump forming in my throat.

Klay let out a sigh of relief. "Just know that I'll always be here for whatever you need, bro."

"I know." I nodded even though I knew that wouldn't happen. It's going to be hella awkward to talk to him about personal stuff now.

"Klay!" I heard a familiar voice yell in the hallway.

"In here, Lani!" Klay replied.

"Babe, you in here?" She knocked on the locker room door.

Babe?

"Yeah, come in."

"You decent?" She giggled while poking her head through the door. Her smile faded when her eyes landed on me.

"Oh hi, Stephen." She said. And I drew my head back. So she's not gonna call me Wardell anymore? Got it.

I briefly smiled at her and went back to tying my shoes.

In my peripheral view, I see Alani walk over to Klay and wrap her arms around his neck. He smiled widely as his arms locked around her waist.

And that's when I saw it.