30.

Alani Marie Castillo.
Oakland, CA.

It's been a hectic day at work so far. My new personal assistant, Alyssa has been messing up my Starbucks order for the past week and it's pissing me off more than it should.

Today, I told her to get me a matcha frappe and she got me a latte. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones but I'm ready to fire this girl. I promoted my old personal assistant to a supervisor. Andrea is a hard worker, she deserves it. Now I'm stuck with this 21 year old who keeps getting my orders wrong.

"Alyssa, do you know the difference between a frappe and a latte?"

"Not really." She nonchalantly replied which frustrated me even more.

"You know what, just get this out of my face, before I throw it out on you." I dismissed her and she scurries away.

Seconds later, Lori walks into my office holding a heavy box in her hands.

"The fabric for the maternity line finally arrived." She sat the box down on a chair and handed me a piece of fabric. I immediately noticed that something was off.

"This isn't stretchy enough." I pulled at the two ends. "Are you sure you ordered the right type of fabric?"

She nodded and checked her folder again.  "Oh, shoot." Lori said with a panicked look on her face.

"What the hell is wrong with y'all today?" I frustratingly ran my hands over my face. "That's about $80 00 worth of fabric we just ordered. What are we gonna do with it?"

"I'm sorry, Alani. We still have time to send it back." She said.

"We were supposed to start the production process tomorrow. This sets us back a couple of weeks. I wanted the collection to launch before Thanksgiving." I pinched the bridge of my nose. "You just make sure you order the correct fabric this time and I won't consider firing you, alright."

"Yes, ma'am." She said, then walked out of my office.

I grabbed the empty cup on my desk and threw it against the wall. "Stupid motherfuckers."

I had to get my frustration out somehow. I can't even go home to take a lil nap because clearly my employees can't think straight.

I closed my eyes and said a little prayer, asking God to give me patience to deal with these idiots today.

"Girl, what the hell are you doing?" I heard Stephen say.

Yes, I'm not calling him Wardell anymore. He lost that privilege when he chose that crazy bitch over me.

"What are you doing here?" I narrowed my eyes at him as I looked up.

"We have an appointment. You told me to pick you up, remember?"

I completely forgot.

"Right." I said and began to gather my things. Stephen has been coming with me to appointments these past few weeks. It's been amazing seeing his reaction to our baby every time we visit my doctor, even though I know he's just doing it for me. He's been through this 3 times already, it's no surprise for him.

"Is everything okay?" He asked, looking concerned.

"Everyone is just pissing me off today." I shake my head and make my way out of the office with Stephen following closely behind.

"Hormones." He muttered to himself.

"Don't burn the place down while I'm gone." I told Alyssa as we walked out. Stephen held the passenger door open as I got into his Porsche.