33.

Alani Marie Castillo

Charlotte, North Carolina.
1 week later.

Guilt.

Guilt is what I was feeling at this moment.

After the whole debacle with my store, I was just feeling overwhelmed so I booked a flight back home to Charlotte for Thanksgiving weekend. My sister, her husband and the kids will be flying in later today. A weekend away with my family is exactly what I need right now.

We all know it was Ayesha who did this. I just need to find a way to prove it. And we're not ruling Wes out either. I know his crazy ass is still salty about the divorce.

I'm currently sitting in my old room thinking about what happened between Klay and I the other night. He was just looking too good in that suit and me being extra hormonal lately, I just had no self control and now I'm feeling hella guilty about sleeping with him. Kinda feels like I'm cheating on Wardell in a way even though I'm actually not. We are broken up.

We've been texting back forth these past few days, just checking in on each other as we usually do. He told me about the divorce and when I tell you I celebrated like I just won the NBA championship.

I'm happy he's finally a free man, but the way Ayesha easily let him go is concerning. I can't help but feel like something is about to happen. I need to protect my child at all cost and if that means putting our relationship on pause for a while then that's what I'll do.

Onto other things, I was chilling in my old room, looking through my old scrap books. This book holds so many memories: first time my dad took me to one of his fights, cheers competitions, Wardell's games and the greatest one of all: Prom Night.

My trip down memory lane was cut short when I heard my mom's voice talking to someone downstairs. Who could that be?

"Alani!" She yelled.

"Ma?" I responded.

No reply.

What do moms do that?

I sighed and got out of bed and headed downstairs. I kept my hand on my back for support as I walked down the stairs. I am 5 months pregnant now so I was definitely feeling the pregnancy now.

"What's going on?" I asked my mom who is standing by the door. My eyes landed on the tall, lightskinned girl on the other end of the door. "Who's this?"

"I'm Manuela Castillo, nice to meet you, Alani." She said and I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Castillo? Are you my cousin or something?" I asked because the resemblance was striking. She looks too much like me.

My mom and Manuela looked between each other. "I think we need to sit down."

We walked a few steps to the living room and sat down.