22.

Alani Marie Castillo
Oakland, CA.
The next morning.

To say the vibe was off this morning would be an understatement. I was feeling unusually sick despite not drinking that much last night. It must be food poisoning or something.

Gia and Tiana were in my hotel room first thing so we could debunk everything that happened last night.

"So, are you gonna tell us why you and Stephen happened to disappear at the same time last night?" Gia eyed me suspiciously.

"Funny." I chuckled. "Are you gonna tell us what happened with you and Kevin?" Gia looked a bit taken aback by what I said.

"Yeah, I saw the way he looked at you."

"Wait, what did I miss?" Tiana looked between us. "G, don't you and K hate each other?"

"We do." She replied while scratching her neck.

Liar.

"And Lani, I'ma need my $200 dollars." Tiana held her hand out.

"For what? You don't even know if we did anything."

"Oh, yes I do. A nigga will never spend that much money on a woman he's just friends with." Tiana said.

"Exactly! Pay up girl." Gia said while clapping with every word.

"Y'all make 6 figures a year. You don't even need no $200." I argued.

"Ah ha! So y'all did have sex then." Tiana exclaimed.

I just kept my mouth shut. How do I talk myself out of this one?

"Just tell the truth. We're not gonna judge you."

"Okay, we had sex." I admitted. Tiana and Gia both jump triumphantly.

"I knew it!"

"Sneaky bitch." Tiana smirked.

"In your face Ayesha!" Gia yelled.

"So what happens now? Y'all just fuck buddies or what?"

"Wardell and I love each other. I'm just giving him time to tell Ayesha that he wants to be with me." I replied.

Honestly, my patience is starting to run thin. This sneaking around shit was cool when we were kids but we're grown now. It's getting old.

"Friend, you know I love you, but do you really think he'll actually leave his wife for you? You know how these niggas be." Gia looked concerned.

"This is different." I explained.

"How? You're still his side chick!"

"For now, G."

"I'm team Walani all the way but please be careful. I don't want you to get hurt. A situation like this can get messy real quick." Tiana rubbed my arm.

"I know I can be blunt sometimes but I'm just looking out for you. I know you love Steph but you're worth so much more than being just his side piece." Gia added.