27.

Alani Marie Castillo
Oakland, CA.
2 weeks later.

We are at the unveiling of the Warriors new home - Chase Centre. I can't believe they won't be playing at Oracle Arena anymore but this arena is way better.

Joe Lacob, Bob Meyers and the rest of the front office were giving us a tour of the new building and it's upgraded facilities.

Obviously I'm here with Klay. We've been doing great these past couple of weeks. Getting to know each other better. He's been helping me out a lot while also dealing with his rehab. Yes, I'm still staying at his house. I've gotten so comfortable with him, I don't want to leave just yet.

Klay Alexander will do that to you.

Anyways, Kevin and Gia are in New York getting settled in to K's new home so we'll be seeing them during fashion week.

"Trey, get down from there. What's wrong with you?" Tiana scolded her youngest son. I laughed to myself just thinking about how that would be me in a few years.

"That's gonna be you in a few years." Klay nudged my shoulder.

"I was thinking the exact same thing."

"I can't wait to play in this arena." Klay said while admiring his surroundings.

"I can't wait to watch you shoot these niggas out the gym either." I locked my arm with his as he led us to the concession stands where everyone was gathered.

"Aunty Lani, is Uncle Klay your boyfriend?" Daxton asked.

How the hell am I supposed to answer that without offending Klay? I mean, we're not exactly together but we like each other. I choose the latter and looked to Klay to answer.

"Not yet." He chuckled. "But soon, Dax."

"Well, you better treat her right 'cause she's my favourite Aunty." Daxton warningly pointed at Klay who nodded. "I don't play about her." The eight year old said.

I wonder if I'm having a boy or girl. Lord knows I can't have a mini Wardell running around here.

Speaking of Wardell, I haven't heard from that man in weeks. It's like he's turned into a ghost or something. I've basically been going through this pregnancy by myself. I really need to tell him soon, I just need to find the right time to do it.

Bob walked over and handed everyone a glass of champagne to toast to the new building.

"If you don't put that glass down!" Klay yelled at rookie Jordan Poole who was about to take a sip of champagne.

"Klay, it's just champagne." Jordan said.

Klay gave him a warning look and he immediately put the glass down.

Now, that was hot. He'd be a great dad.

Klay and Jordan had gotten really close since draft night. Jordan is obviously a young guy trying to learn as much as possible from all the vets and I love that for him. Klay is a great mentor.

"Just let him have one glass. He's not driving, right Jordan?" I asked and Jordan nodded.

"Eric is driving. Please, Klay." He begged.

Klay rolled his eyes. "Fine."

Jordan downed the champagne with quickness.

"Damn nigga, slow down." D'lo said.

Most of the squad was here today. OG Warriors players as well as rookies and new signees.

It felt way more peaceful to be around everyone without Andre constantly watching over me. I'm so glad he's gone.