4: Meeting the band.

~Imogen's POV:~

A week had gone by—too fast, it went by too fast as now Beth and I both were now getting ready to head to our hotel, it was early enough in the morning where I could relax for a little before my insides started screaming at the fact I was going to be meeting Spencer personally.
It still felt so surreal that he followed me, that he spoke to me and personally invited both I and Beth to see his band live, even getting to see the props they used for the shows.
Making sure I had a spare charger for my phone just in case, I looked up at the time seeing it was about time for Beth and I to go check in to our hotel. Hauling my Ice Nine Kills overnight bag over my shoulder I headed out, locking my house behind me before tossing the bag into the car.
Watching Beth's door swing open, she wore black skinny jeans with beaten up vans—over top she wore a long-sleeved V-neck shirt that stopped before it got too low as a black hoodie swallowed her basically. "You look like the definition of emo from high school" I hollered to her; her blond hair bounced as she came down her two steps with a smile.

"Okay, it wasn't a phase mom!" she joked as she tossed her backpack into the back seat of the car. Beth didn't pack as much as I did but I hadn't even gotten ready for the day like she did—I wore sweatpants, my sports bra, and a sweater I had zipped up since it was a chillier morning. Most likely rain in the forecast for today, I felt bad for who ever thought about waiting hours outside to see the band.

Laughing at her joke, I climbed into the driver's seat as she hopped into the passenger seat beside me. "I am so fucking excited; I feel like this last week went by so fast but also so slow" it was a blur—Spencer and I had been texting pretty much from when we both woke up to basically right before he went on stage and as soon as he came off stage he would text me. We spoke about videos, he even discussed my videos with me and how cool he thought they were, even if he was the famous one he made me feel like royalty which was a new feeling for me for sure.

Beth pulled out her phone as she scrolled her social media pages, she would make a post later about how we were invited to tonight's show but even if I told her to do it now she would argue to wait, she wouldn't do anything until that AA pass was around her neck. "Are you excited; you finally get to meet your husband" she joked earning an eyeroll from me.

"Shut up, I mean. . . I am just glad he and I are friends" even if I wanted to be more than friends, being Spencer's friend was more then enough for me.

"Yeah. . . Friends who text literally almost every second?" she said doing something on her phone. "I don't even think we texted that much when we first started being friends" she reminded me, hearing my phone go off, I glanced at it checking it as we sat at the red light—frowning when I saw Beth's name on the screen, "see!" she said looking at me, "you got it bad for Charnas" she smiled as she sat back.

She wasn't saying all this to be mean either, she was my best friend who wanted nothing but the best for me and would make sure I got it even if she went without. "You are a pain in my ass most the time, you know that?" I said to her as we pulled into the hotel parking lot and parked the car.

Smile remaining on her face, she nodded her head agreeing with me "yeah but you love me though" she said grabbing her backpack from the back.

Getting into the hotel, we checked in and headed to our room. Swinging the door open, Beth looked around as I dumped my contents of stuff into the bed so I could start getting ready. "Imogen, I thought we agreed no more fancy hotels?" she crossed her arms glancing at the extra room attached to the one I was currently stood in.

"Ugh. . . It's not bad in price" I argued I would rather pay the extra amount in case, and besides if it meant Beth could live a little, I didn't mind.
Pulling out my hair straightener I plugged it in as I began doing my makeup for the day—once that was done I straightened my blonde hair, fluffing it out a bit before turning off and unplugging the straightener. "Are you hungry, we can order food if you are?" I asked her, I had eaten before leaving but I knew Beth better than that, she most likely was too nervous to eat and would snack when she had the chance.