14 ; mixed (up)

⋆*

⋆*.⋆♡

𝗺𝗶𝘅𝗲𝗱 (𝘂𝗽)

a loud thud was followed with a low groan. seoyeon was studying at her desk, trying to complete her assignment for chemistry. well, she was trying to at least. there was something distracting her from being productive.

yang jungwon. he was all she had preoccupied in her mind. she couldn't stop thinking of him. it was beginning to become a major problem.

seoyeon laid her head on her white wooden desk. on the table, there were papers filled with writing scattered across. you could say her table was a mess, just like her brain.

seoyeon was usually a neat and organised person but whenever something is bothering her, she is a complete mess. just like right now.

gathering her thoughts, she attempts to complete her assignment. her fingers systematically typing on her keyboard at a quick pace. only the sound of her keyboard typing could be heard in her room.

the delicate and sweet scent of lavender spreading throughout the bedroom. the flame of the candle created a slight glow on seoyeon's face, lightening up the vicinity of her desk.

in the background, she was playing NEVER GROW UP by taylor swift. one of her favourite songs. the song just has an undercurrent of sadness and she absolutely loved it. something about the melody and the lyrics just resonate with her so much.

this song was like a lullaby to seoyeon. filled with sweet tunes and comforting guitar strings. the gentle beat conveys the small perfections of youth. it shows the realisation that someday, the years will pass, things will change and you will no longer be as young as you were.

time is inevitable. our present will turn into the past and will only be remembered as memories that can be cherished for a lifetime.

a song about the fact that we don't know how to feel about growing up. the scary concept of time. how growing up happens without you knowing it. before you realise it, you are no longer a kid anymore.

when we are young, we wish that we could be older and more independent. however, when we are older, we wish we could rewind the hands of the clock and go back to our younger selves. we wish to go back to our childhood while we could be carefree and have the most fun.

when you're younger, all you can think about is the future and your dreams. when you're older, you wish you could go back and experience when times were easier and simpler.

seoyeon wishes that when she was younger she was more relaxed about studies. right now, she feels a little burnt out. lately, she has no motivation to study except for beating jungwon of course. but sometimes, it just feels so draining.

she wishes that she could warn her younger self. she ultimately wishes that she'd never grow up.

her train of thoughts was soon interrupted by a buzz from her phone. a smile instantly appeared on her face.