10 ; night

⋆*

⋆*.⋆♡

𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

seoyeon and jungwon were now at a park. there was a playground for kids, the playground was pretty small, only having a slide, a seesaw, and a set of swings. pretty sad, but it had this peaceful and calm vibe that seoyeon really loved.

in the park, there were wooden benches along the path and little torches, lighting up the park. there were also garden beds filled with a variety of beautiful flowers, but most of them had white and pink flowers.

it was pretty late and the sky was turning dark and the moon was slowly appearing but they didn't care. the two were now sitting on the swings.

seoyeon turns to him, "jungwon?" he looks back at her, tilting his head.

"what is your biggest fear?" she casually asks, swinging her legs and looking up at the night sky.

her question caught him off guard. he didn't expect her to ask him such a deep question.

"ah, if you don't mind telling me, of course" seoyeon reassures jungwon, "god, i'm so stupid" she mumbles while trying to avoid jungwon's stare.

she was hitting her head because of an insensitive question she had just asked jungwon. his stare was going to make her explode from embarrassment.

he grabs her wrist, stopping the girl from continuing to hurt herself, "it's ok, seoyeon, it's fine"

jungwon exhales before answering, "probably failure" he sighs again, "my biggest fear is not fulfilling my true potential and disappointing my family"

seoyeon nodded in agreement. that's another thing she shares in common with jungwon. the fear of failure.

it was inevitable. they were the top students of their school with everybody's expectations on them. maintaining their top ranks and upholding their titles was a struggle. especially when everybody expected it from you and was watching you.

they expect so much from you as if you were this flawless statue. when really you are a human just like them. who can also make silly mistakes. who can also hate school. who can also feel lazy to study. who can also feel so tired to go to school.

they were no different from them. yet, they were portrayed as perfect. being perfect isn't as perfect as some would think.

we live in a world that places successful people on this high podium. a society who watches keenly, waiting for their downfall. and when they do fail or make a tiny insignificant mistake, people are so quick to pick on them for it.

they would tear them apart until there was nothing left of them. they would continue to ridicule and mock their mistakes.

why is that? because we found one weakness of theirs. because we found something that the most perfect and successful person is somewhat bad at.