11 ; arcade

⋆*

⋆*.⋆♡

𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗮𝗱𝗲

the school cafeteria was packed today. all of the tables were filled and the room was extremely loud. of course, they blended in very well.

"riki, give that back!" sunoo yells at the boy to give his drink back. riki just sticks his tongue out. giving up, sunoo sits back down and rolls his eyes. thankfully, riki gives the drink back to sunoo.

as usual, all of them were sitting at their designated table in the cafeteria. it was a normal lunch break. or was it?

"so jungwon," jungwon turns his head to jake, "how was your date with seoyeon" jake nonchalantly asks.

this sly question catches the two off guard. jungwon starts to choke, jay patting his back. seoyeon begins to slouch, trying to hide behind eunchae's back.

"bad question, jake" sunghoon adds, laughing at the pair who is now embarrassing themselves.

"it wasn't a date" seoyeon mumbles under her breath. oh, she wished it was though.

jungwon slips a look at seoyeon, seeing her sullen appearance, "anyways, we should hang out after school!" eunchae suggests with a bright smile on her face.

"yes yes!" riki cheers in excitement. of course, the youngest two would love the idea of hanging out.

soon, everyone agreed to go out to the mall after school. they decided to meet outside at the school entrance.

⋆*.⋆♡

"congratulations, the top scores of the recent test, kang seoyeon and yang jungwon with 93%" the teacher announces, clapping for them. the whole class applauded. they already knew who would get the highest score, it wasn't a surprise.

seoyeon and jungwon stared at each other. jungwon mouthed "next time, i will beat you". seoyeon scoffs at the boy's words, "as if" she mouths back to jungwon.

"i hope everyone remembers that just because you did well on this test" the teacher points to everyone in the room, "doesn't mean you should slack off on the next" they remind the class.

those words. it stuck in jungwon's mind for a while. he shouldn't slack off just because he was one of the top students. his grades could change at any time and that terrifies him.

the bell signalled the end of the school day. everyone was tired and ready to go home, especially someone.

"ugh finally!" seoyeon stretches her arms, leaning against the back of her seat.

jungwon chuckles, "come on, we need to meet the others" he forces the girl up and they head towards the school entrance.

they see heeseung, sunoo, eunchae and sakura waiting at the entrance. they seemed to be taking photos, of course. seoyeon and jungwon look at each other, sending a telepathic message.