-3.0 fuck vecna to hell

Start from the beginning

Cassie's heart pounded so loud she could hear it echoing through her head. Her hands shook and it felt as if the air was sucked from her lungs. She had never been so afraid. Not for herself, if she was cursed of whatever, but for Max. Max couldn't die. Max couldn't die. Cassie needed her to live, the redhead deserves to live. Max was good, she was brave and smart and pure-hearted. Cassie was like a plague that took over and hurt everything around her. Max needed to live. Cassie couldn't lose another sibling. Cassie couldn't watch the person she cared about most get destroyed before her. Max deserved to live. Max needed to live. Max couldn't die. Max was supposed to live. Max was the good one.

Cassie stood up without a word and left the basement. She could feel Lucas's eyes on her and she knew he was thinking back to the night before, when she had woken up in a cold sweat and with a bloody nose. He remembered how startled she looked. He remembered seeing half a dozen headache medications in her dash. Cassie was cursed, no doubt about it.

That was the last thing that Cassie thought about, though. She didn't care if she died in that moment if it meant that Max got to live. Nobody followed her outside, and Cassie paced around. Her hair had came loose from its braid long ago, and it was flying around messily as she ran her hand through it. Cassie couldn't breathe, why couldn't she breath? Why did Max have to be cursed? Why? It was unfair, it wasn't okay. Cassie let out a yell of frustration, sending her hands into the brick wall beside her over and over again to let her anger out. She didn't even flinch as the blood poured down her knuckles, acting as if the wall was nothing more than a soft punching bag.

"Shit!" she cried as she heard a loud crack in her hand, pain shooting up her entire arm. She sent a final punch to the wall and slid down to the ground. She sat there in the soft grass for at least twenty minutes, her knees tucked to her chest and her head resting upon them.

"Vecna, you bitch. What is your issue with my family, huh?" she asked, looking up, as if she were praying to the god she didn't believe in. "I'm sure you can hear me, you fuckin shit. Why does Max have only a day left, when you've cursed me since you got Billy? When is my turn? Just fucking take me, please. Leave Max and take me. I'll fucking go willingly, just leave her alone, all right? You fucking asshole."

Cassie stood up, letting out a shaky breath. Making her way back into the basement, everyone's eyes turned to her hesitantly as she walked in. She wore an emotionless expression, and she moved to sit on of the sofas. She ignored the looks given to her by everyone. Nobody said anything, despite everyone seeing the blood on her hands and the emotion she tried to hide.

Steve came and sat next to her not longer after. He held a first-aid kit in one hand and an icepack in the other. The two didn't have to share a word as he cleaned and wrapped her hand. Cassie knew it was likely broken, but that was the last thing on her mind at the moment.

Steve looked over at her a moment, "I know you don't want to talk about everything, so I wont ask. But I will ask about how you and Henderson are doing. He's been moping the past few days without you."

"I can't say I'm surprised," she sent him a small smile. She looked over to Dustin, who was chatting away with Lucas on the far end of the basement. "I just don't know. I've never been in a real relationship before, so I don't even know if I was overreacting or not."

"You weren't," clarified Steve, shaking his head. "He was being stupid. And an asshole. A stupid asshole."

"Yeah," nodded Cassie with a laugh. She leaned her head on Steve's shoulder. "A stupid asshole."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━

Cassie wasn't even surprised anymore when she looked around and found herself in the vision. Cassie wondered how she was even alive at this point, since everyone else died so soon after everything started. She may not have been having the episodes since leaving Hawkins, but each time she came back it was almost immediate. She's had Vecna in her head for almost a year.