Day 14: Wizards and Witches (Kingdoms AU)

Nya's POV

I keep my magic a secret. My brother Kai, even my parents don't know what I can do. Not because I'm ashamed of it, but because I'm afraid of the consequences.

I'm what Master Wu calls a Wave Whisperer, I have the power to control the tides and currents.

I've never met anyone else like me, and I've always thought I was alone.

But then I met Morro, and I found out that he's a Aeromancer. He can call forth the gusts and breezes with a flick of his wrist.

The only other person that knows about our powers is Morro's cousin, Lloyd Garmadon.

Lloyd promised us that he'll keep it a secret from everyone, even from Kai. Whom may I add is his best friend.

And I'm glad he did kept it a secret we're afraid of what would happen if anyone found out, especially since our magic comes from Wojira.

Our kingdom, ruled by Emperor Garmadon and Empress Misako, is built on the worship of the First Spinjitzu Master, and any other kind of magic is considered heresy.

It's a dangerous game we're playing, but we can't help ourselves.

Kai and I work as servants in Lloyd's palace. We keep our heads down and do our work, trying to blend in as much as possible. But every now and then, Morro and I exchange glances, and we know that we're not alone.

✯✯✯

One day, I was in the gardens tending some flowers, when Morro and Lloyd landed in front of me. Like literally.

“Morro!” I yelled. “Nǐ fēng le ma?! You could've gotten caught.”

Morro scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Relax, Nya. I had it under control,” he replied with a smirk. “I'm not some amateur who doesn't know how to use his powers without getting caught.”

“Yeah yeah…” Wait a minute. “Where's Kai?”

Morro smug expression then faded, “Well, about that—”

“Kai was captured by the Stone Army!”

“… What?!”