"What if we pull him apart?"

Alaric suggested.

"It's helped Douglas and Oliver before."

"Oh yes and have blood on your buffers! Leave his corpse in the yard for the other trucks to see. What difference will that make, the trucks resent us more?"

Lance grumbled.

"Well, does anyone have any better ideas?"

"Alaric."

Duck cut in.

"We're not pulling him apart, or crushing him. I'm sure we'll find a perfectly reasonable explanation."

But no one else had any ideas. So the topic was dropped.

The next morning, Alaric was asked to assist bank trains up Gordon's hill. Travis was busy helping at the harbour.

"It's just for the day."

Promised The Fat Controller.

"The trains are going to be quite heavy today, and your... well... look at you."

Alaric sneered, but did as he was told.

Doc however, hadn't even left the big station. Bolts' hatch had opened up, causing rock to cover the line, and to delay the train.

"Can't we just hurry this up!?"

He grumbled.

"I don't want to be late."

"Yeah sorry mate!"

Bolts called.

"Couldn't help myself!"

Doc's driver gave the hopper the finger, before Doc shunted him back onto the train.

"Take him to the works, and make sure he stays empty."

The yard manager spoke.

"Don't want to risk his hatch opening while on the move."

Doc and his crew agreed. Doc steamed away, without another word.

His run had gone well enough, Bolts had tried to hold back, but without any rocks, he found himself quite useless. He was fuming by the time the train trailed into Edward's station, to Doc's dismay, the signal shown red.

"Bother."

He grunted.

"Good way to ruin a mediocre run!"

"Hmm, we'll need help up the hill I reckon."

His driver pondered.

"Just wait and we'll be ready."

Fortunately, Alaric clanked in, and was readied behind.

"Peep! Peep! Ready Doc!"

Alaric snorted!

"Peep! I think so!"

As the two engines roared into life! Bolts began plotting.

"Hold back on the hill, and pass the word"

The other trucks snickered, and whispered back down the train.

They had a plan fully set into motion as the train charged the hill! Doc felt his wheels slipping, as the trucks began holding back!

"COME ON! COME ON!!"

He puffed!

"This is awful!!"

"Come on!!"

Alaric called, having no trouble himself.

"Full steam!!"

Doc was coughing, and panting, and started losing grip! This is what Bolts had wanted from the start. What he wasn't expecting was for Alaric to keep going!

"Oh no."

He gulped.

"This wasn't a good idea."

Alaric tends to not know his own strength, he was pushing with all his might! Doc was out of breath, and was only just moving on his own! All the weight from both engines and a whole train was being pressed onto his frames.

"STOP!!"

He begged! But it did little good. The snorting and roaring from the two engines drowned it out. Bolts felt like he was being crushed!

"HELP ME!!"

He cried, at last Doc heard him. He whistled for Alaric to stop! But by then, it was too late! With an ear-piercing screach! Bolts was crushed between Doc's tender and the front hoppers. Only then, did Alaric notice. The train was brought to a stop.

Luckily, Douglas was passing, and Alaric's driver rode down with them, and informed control.

By the time The Fat Controller had arrived, Doc had taken the rest of the train on, say some of the front trucks which had been pushed off the line. Alaric stood near the wreck, as James and Douglas set about clearing the gory mess.

"That looks nasty."

The Fat Controller commented.

"From what I heard!"

Douglas shivered.

"It sounded nasty..."

The Fat Controller made his way to Alaric.

"Are you alright?"

He asked kindly.

"Yeah, no issues here."

Alaric replied.

"Just hoping those hopper'll now give us some level of respect."

The Fat Controller just shook his head.

"He really doesn't know his own strength."

Of course, Bolts was mended and became a different truck. While still troublesome and always up to no good. He doesn't push the boundaries often, and knows that he's quite fragile.

The remaining hoppers proved to be any other troublesome truck. While not as nasty as Bolts, they act out, just like any truck.

Alaric was given an earful by the other engines, who heavily disapproved with attempted murder. But the subject was dropped after trains ran back to time. First Douglas, then Oliver, now Alaric, I wonder who's next?

"Hey lads?"

Bolts whispered, as Barwick coupled up to a goods train.

"Let's pay him out!"