soulmate dude: Why thank you, I'm flattered.
soulmate dude: How have you been?

Suddenly I'm feeling extremely giddy, a giant smile spreads across my face and I can't seem to shake it off.

"Uh oh." Annie speaks, her voice muffled with, what I assume, popcorn. "Why are you smiling?"

"Demetri responded." I answer coyly.

She looks down at my phone and quickly reads the messages that were sent, all while shoveling a handful of popcorn into her mouth. "You should tell him you miss him." She suggests, her mouth full of popcorn.

I grimace at her. "One; ew! You nearly got your chewed up popcorn on me! And two; No, I'm not bold enough for that, not yet." My cheeks feel warm at just the idea of saying anything even close to I miss you.

Annie shrugs and places the bowl of popcorn down in-between us. "Like I said earlier--live a little!"

I shake my head. "I don't wanna live a little."

She rolls her eyes. "Whatever." She presses play on the tv and the movie resumes, but I hardly focus on it, more focused on my phone in my hand.

I begin typing.

i'm ok, you?

"Come on, this is the best part!" Annie suddenly exclaims, hand outstretched towards the tv screen. "Pay attention!" She demands.

I hold my hands up in mock surrender. "Okay, sorry." I put my phone down. "I'm paying attention."

Annie hmphs and settles back into the couch. I pretend to watch the movie, but my mind is completely occupied with thoughts of Demetri, any other thought I had before has been completely corrupted by him.

*

Annie and I must have fallen asleep at some point during Iron Man 3 because its the last thing I remember seeing before slipping my eyes shut.

Annies head rests on my shoulder as she snores. The popcorn bowl sits on the floor, kernels lost in the rug. I sigh to myself and rub my drowsy eyes with the back of my hand.

Its completely dark except for the glow from the loading screen of the tv and the occasional sweep of headlights from cars driving by on the wall.

I sit forward, letting Annies head droop over. My body feels stiff and my bones crack as I stretch them out.

I push myself to my feet, I make sure I'm completely stable before walking through the dark apartment. I manage to find the kitchen and run my hand along the wall until I find the switch, I flick it on and hiss at the bright light above as it bores into my corneas.

After my momentary blindness subsides, I get myself a glass of water. I lean against the counter as I sip on it, feeling too tired to even think about anything.

But suddenly I get the stomach twisting sense that someone is watching me, a hidden pair of eyes stuck on me from afar. I glance around the kitchen and just tell myself its tired paranoia. I continue to drink my water, though the feeling stays, never wavering.

When the glass is empty, I place it in sink and spin on my heel, ready to sleep in my bed. But as I turn, I run into something hard and... cold. I stumble back, assuming I had just run into a wall, but as I look up, I see a man. A man with chalky skin and red eyes. A gasp gets caught in my throat. A vampire?