"It's only been a week... both of you-"

Maria cuts me off, grinning ear to ear and turning to Abby.

"See, I told you he'd notice. Jay pays attention! Hmmph."

I let out a slightly confused, but also relieved sigh as I see Maria acting like her old self.

It's good to see them again, but there's a lot of questions that need to be answered.

My eyes dart behind my two teammates and I finally see an unchanged familiar face of our team's long-range archer approaching. The cool and calculated olive-skinned hunter has sat up from the couch area and is walking in my direction.

I see him smirk while he yawns, stretches, then crosses his arms.

"Ya made it out of the Labyrinth after all, nice to see ya Jay. You look good."

Arie walks over and stands beside the green-haired healer, then gives me a firm nod while reaching out his right hand.

"Looks like you've grown a lot. We have too."

I put out my hand and shake his.

The archer doesn't look different at all to me. If anything, he just looks tired....

I use Inspect and Appraisal to check his level and skills.

———————————————

[Lv. 393]

Spirit Archer [Legendary Grade]

——————————————-

He's no different than before, just some level gains.

Abby and Maria are the only ones that used those upgrade crystals, so it seems they're the only ones with significant physical changes.

I reply with a smile, moving my gaze across all 3 of my teammates.

"I'm glad your training paid off this week. Your appearances, Abby and Maria, was it those crystals that changed it?"

Maria nods happily and responds.

"Yeah, they made my Ice magic a lot stronger as well, I can't wait to show you what this week's training has taught me! We are becoming this year's new Elites, after all. I've definitely caught up to you now Jay!"

I smile, and we lock eyes again.

Arie smirks and walks over to me while throwing an arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah. We may be the new Elites in training, but you still haven't changed one bit. Over 5 hours late to our first meeting. Come on, enough talk, let's head upstairs."

Abby and Maria laugh and follow behind us as the olive-skinned archer leads us over to the door.

I respond as we walk through.

"Hey, nobody told me there was a meeting today. How can I be late to something I was never even invited to?"

The door shuts behind us as the four of us make it into the lobby.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say..."

*Ding*

I catch up with my team, and we share training stories on the elevator ride upwards.

It seems like both Maria and Abby have been going through tough conditioning and new skill control training.

Each of them was given the same amount of MP potions as me this week and told to use them all.

Dungeon Diver: Stealing a Monster's PowerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara