Chapter 33

There were a few distinct groups of hunters that I could make out. 2 were standing nearby and another 2 or 3 were walking over to the crowd in front of the recently collapsed portal.

They were all wearing professional gear. Some carried long swords, others had daggers, and a few had massive shields.

Each group was accompanied by 1 or 2 people in suits. These must be the teams sent out by each of the guilds nearby. It seems like some of them brought representatives as well.

I looked further ahead. I couldn't help but stare with my mouth wide open.

There were fallen buildings and flattened sections of city. It was still a horrible sight to behold.

I guess there were some monsters that escaped. These guilds were the ones who attempted to stop them. It looks like they contained them in a fairly tight area, but they all disappeared when the dungeon collapsed so I couldn't tell for sure.

"Hey kid! What is you?"

I looked up to see a man in a suit yelling and waving at me.

Then another voice rang out from the crowd.

"Yeahh! Was it you?? Who took out the boss?"

I nodded slowly.

The first man ran up to me with a card.

"Hey come by the Arcane Guild if you're looking for some extra work!"

"No come visit us at the Cora Guild, I'm sure we could help you reach even higher levels!"

All of the suited men came towards me. Some of the hunters looked interested as well.

"I- uh...."

I was getting a bit flustered and honestly somewhat annoyed.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, come by our Sentano Guild anyti-"

They all started crowding around me asking me questions and handing me cards.

I squeezed my way through the crowd answering politely until I heard my name get called out... this caught my attention.

"Hey! Jay right? You okay??"

Who knows me here?

I looked up to see a group of 3 women. There was a tall brown haired girl waving at me.

I was puzzled for a moment.. then it hit me.

Those are the mages from Pace.

This is a perfect.

"Hey! It's you!"

Once I replied the swarm of people slowly backed off. It seems they realized I was already associated with one of the teams that showed up.

I put on a professional smile and walked over to the group of mages and whispered under my breath.

"Thanks. Let's get outta here!"

The tall girl looked straight at me with confidence.

"No problem, my name's Rei by the way. I didn't get to introduce myself yet, I've seen you around the guild every once in a while. Maria talks about sometimes too, nice to officially meet you."

"Oh! You're one of the mages training Maria? Nice to meet you too!"

She nodded and smiled.

Rei was wearing a light weight combat outfit. It was a dark black color that contrasted her olive skin nicely. I've never stopped to actually look at her before, she is beautiful.