Chapter 87

[Test 1][Time Remaining: 19 Hours]

The large man keeps pointing his sword forward with a menacing presence insisting we do as he says, or we'll "pay the price".

Bruce is the first to step forward. He's roughly the same size as the orange-haired man, but we all witnessed him effortlessly take out a team of 5 moments ago.... The unknown tank has some mysterious power, and we'd be better off not finding out how it works. Bruce speaks up.

"W-What do you want?"

The man standing in front of the portal grins and lets his sword come down to rest by his side.

"Good, you guys won't be as difficult as that last team. Hand over your shield and I'll let you pass."

Bruce looks back at us with tired eyes, then back at the large man. The brute starts glowing white... just like he did when he made that entire team disappear in seconds.

"What's with the hesitation???"

Bruce gulps.

"Here! Take it, it's all yours!"

I didn't expect him to crack that quickly.... But I guess he's had a long day. Bruce has been awake and fighting for 30 hours straight, I guess I can't blame him.

His shield falls to the floor by the orange-haired man's feet. The man motions for him to pass and for Nessa to step up to him.

Bruce walks over to the swirling portal and Nessa does as the man wants, he looks her up and down then speaks up.

"Hmmm, you have nothing of value. I want all your potions. Everything! Hand them over!"

Nessa's eyes widen as she begins sifting through her item box with the massive man towering over her. She dumps half a dozen random potions onto the hard dungeon floor without hesitating.

"Good. Now you two get lost. Next!"

Nessa quickly runs over to Bruce and they wait with wide eyes as Maria steps up to the man. She doesn't say a word, just looks at him with a serious concentrated stare.

The large man turns his head to face the portal and yells.

"I SAID GET LOST. YOU'RE DISMISSED!"

Maria draws her sword out of reflex and the man turns back around and laughs at the sight.

"Now isn't that cute. You're up blondy."

He looks Maria up and down and shakes his head.

"Aghhh, another hunter with worthless gear. Come on!"

The brute looks around and swings his sword up in the air with frustration, then sees Nessa and Bruce still waiting by the grey twisting portal.

"I SAID GET LOST YOU TWO!"

He begins glowing bright white and slowly makes his way toward them. I quickly nod, yell out.

"Go! We'll meet you on the next floor."

With confirmation, the two of them jump through moments later without a second thought. The brute turns back with a moderately angry expression. He makes eye contact with me, glances down at my sword, then a wide grin appears on his face.

"Hohooo, now would you look at that beauty!"

I proceed to point this "beauty" directly at his face.

"Not gonna happen."

The orange-haired thug lets out a bellowing laugh.

"Oh trust me it is, drop the sword. Then for you miss, leave all your potions with me. Every last one of them."