Chapter 123

Bri stares down at the crimson daggers in my hands, then brings her gaze up to my eyes.

"Your sword is an evolution-type weapon, I'm sure you've noticed its stat growth by now."

I nod as she continues.

"Well, these blades have an evolution element to them as well. The only difference is, they're a fusion-type weapon too."

I look at Bri with a blank stare.

"A- a fusion-type weapon means... what exactly?"

"It depends. The fact that they can evolve means their fusion ability may change in the future too."

"...."

"Try pressing both of your daggers together."

I do as she says, bringing the two slightly glowing blades together in front of my chest.

The hum from earlier returns, and begins to grow louder the closer the two daggers get to each other. Once less than 5cm apart, I feel a strong resistance in between the weapons.

Dense pockets of air begin to flow out of the blades, immediately filling the room with violent gusts of wind.

Bri speaks up grinning ear to ear.

"Don't worry about my office, keep going."

I gulp, then continue doing as she says. I focus my mana into the two blades while activating my own Wind Summoning skill along with my All-Seeing Eye to track the mana in the room much easier.

*Clink*

The moment I do, the two daggers calm down and the wind comes to a standstill as both blades hit each other with a light metallic ring.

My eyes widen as I watch the two blades merge into one....

The white light around them becomes much brighter, as a heavy red dagger falls into my open palms. Bri lets out a laugh.

"Well, to be honest, I didn't expect you to control it that well on your first try. Now, try to separate them."

I stare at the single dagger, concentrating on the odd flow of energy inside it. While gripping its handle tight, I force a large amount of mana and wind magic into the blade again while picturing it split in two in my mind's eye.

The blade begins to glow bright white and is followed by a flash of light and a mild gust of wind. The blade comes apart into two shining red daggers again. I nod slowly while twirling the pair around my fingers.

"Another fine piece of art you've made Bri, thanks."

She smiles.

"The pleasure is all mine, I'm glad we could make a deal today. You know I'm always here to do business with you."

I smirk and give her a firm nod.

"Good. I'll probably be back soon-"

I turn to leave, but a question has been eating away at the back of my mind... I decide to speak up.

"Hey- uh- one last thing actually. There are Demon Cores... right. Have you ever seen or heard of a dungeon core or a labyrinth core? Or uhh- something resembling a large egg-shared crystal?"

Bri looks at me with a confused stare.

"A dungeon core?"

She thinks for a moment while placing both hands on her hips and staring up at the ceiling.

"I can't say I have. Usually, we refer to the Demon Cores as Dungeon Cores. If you're thinking of something else then I'm not exactly su-"

"Okay, got it. Just wondering, that's all."