Chapter Twenty- Seven

Emily's Pov:

We arrived back at our apartment, and we brought the groceries in.

We packed the stuff away to its spot.

"Do you want to help me bake?" Jennifer asked.

"Sure, just let me change real quick." I said, walking towards the room.

I changed into grey sweat pants and a light pink tank top.

Jennifer was laying all the ingredients out when I came out of the room.

"So what do we do first?" I asked.

"You've never baked cookies?" Jennifer asked in disbelief.

"I've baked cookies before, but it was store bought cookie dough." I replied honestly.

"Ok, well, we need two sticks of butter creamed white and brown sugars. Two eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, water, but I like to use milk, a pinch of salt, all-purpose flour, and cholate chips. We need to prep the stove to 20 minutes and bake for 30 minutes." She said out of the top of her head.

"How do you remember all that?" I asked.

"I make cookies when I'm stressed or sad." She said.

"Seems like you're stressed and sad all the time," I said sympatheticly.

"Not all the time, I've been doing it since a young age. I guess I've gotten the recipe stuck in my head." She said.

Jennifer started putting the flour in the bowl, and she decided that it would be funny to grab a fist full of flour and throw it on top of my hair.

"JENNIFER!" I yelled.

She started laughing, so that's when I got my revenge. I acted like I was going towards the sink to take the flour off my hair and dump it in the sink, but in reality, I was just going closer to her to dump flour on her head.

Since she had the flour bag in her hand, all closed up up, I improvised and grabbed the flour from the bowl. My hands were clean, so it wasn't going to make the flour dirty.

I grabbed two hands full of flour and dumped one of them on her hair and the other on her face.

She was covered in flour. Her hair, face, shirt, and shoes.

"EMILY!!!" She yelled.

"Pay back, haha." I said, pointing my finger at her.

"I'm guessing you forgot I had the flour bag in my hands." She said, still blind from the flour.

"Jennifer, don't you dare." I said, backing away.

She walked towards me with a handful of flour.

"Jennifer!" I said she still threw the flour at me, causing me to get flour all over my shirt.

She started laughing her ass off.

"Give me the flour bag!" I said, running towards her.

"No!" She said, running around the kitchen counter.

We ended up running around the kitchen counter for about 5 minutes until I gave up and grabbed the bowl that had flower and threw it all over her. Some of the flour landed on me, too, but it was worth it.

"Emily! That was the flour for the cookies!" Jennifer yelled.

"So worth it." I said.

"How are we going to make cookies now?" She asked, forgetting that she had a bag of flour in her hands.

"With the flour in your hands." I said, pointing at the bag of flour.

"Oh, I forgot I had this in my hand." She said.