Chapter nineteen

JJ's Pov:

Today is the day of Emily's birthday party, or how Tom likes to say it 'Emilia.'

Today is also Emily's birthday, so I decided to wake up before her to make her breakfast.

Emily is still staying at my place because I keep telling her I can't walk, which is a complete lie.

I decided to make Emily's favorite
A chocolate croissant, black coffee, and lots of bacon.

I had to watch a few tutorials on how to make chocolate croissants. 

I eventually got the hang of it and made 5.

I made the bacon how I see Emily do it and put some coffee on.

"Smells good." Emily says, walking into the kitchen rubbing her eyes.

Even when she doesn't try to look pretty, she is still the most beautiful woman seen on earth.

"You aren't supposed to be awake! Go back to your room, Emilia!" I said, shooing and hitting Emily away with a hand towel.

"Ow! Jennifer, stop!" She said, trying not to get hit while walking back into the guest room.

"Stay here." I said while closing the door on Emily's confused face.

----

Emily's Pov:

I woke up to the smell of food, which is strange, giving that I'm the only one who has been cooking the past couple of weeks.

I walked out of my room still half asleep, rubbing my eyes.

"Smells good." I said, yawning.

Jennifer turned around in a panic. She stared at me for a while, then snapped back to reality and started hitting and shooing me away from the kitchen.

"You aren't supposed to be awake! Go back to your room, Emilia!" Emilia? No one has called me that in years.

The last person I remember calling me Emilia was Tommy.

I miss him every day of every hour.

"Stay here." Jennifer says while closing the door in my face.

What is she doing? Also, when could she start to walk and run!?

I walked around the guest room for a bit until I heard Jennifer walking towards my room.

"Emily, are you in bed!" She yelled from outside the door.

"Yeah!" I said while getting into bed.

I heard the door open and saw Jennifer walk in with a tray in her hands. There was a plate with croissants, another with bacon, and another plate with eggs, there were also two coffee mugs.

"Happy birthday!!!!" She yelled, placing the tray on the side table and grabbing a confetti popper.

She struggled to pop it for a while but then popped it.

"Who knew it was hard to pop these little things." She said, sitting down next to me.

"Is this why you hit me with a rag?" I said.

"Yes, now blow out the candles." She said with a smile, grabbing the tray and placing it on top of my legs.

I blowed the candles out, and Jennifer placed a kiss on my forehead.

That kiss is something I would never forget in a million years.

"So I know you like chocolate croissants, so I made five one for me the rest for you, I also made you a shit ton of bacon because of the incident that happened two days ago, and I made you black coffee. The other coffee is for me." She said with a smile.

Her smile is contagious.

"You didn't have to do any of this. We could have just gone to a cafe." I said.

"It's your birthday, and I love to bake, so this was a fun experience. Now, eat up because I made some plans for us today." She said.

"Plans?" I asked curiously while eating a croissant.

"I'm not telling you." She said, grabbing a croissant and picking a piece off.

"Since when can you walk and run?" I asked.

"See, now that's a topic we're going to skip." She said.

We both started to laugh.

----

JJ's Pov:

I walked into the guest room Emily was staying in, and there she was sitting on the bed, still looking as beautiful as she was 5 minutes ago.

"Happy Birthday!" I yelled.

Emily's jaw dropped.

I placed the tray on the side table and grabbed the confetti popper, and tried popping it, but it wouldn't budge.

I moved the tray onto Emily's lap and told her to blow the candles out that were on the croissants.

Without thinking, I placed a kiss on Emily's forhead.

I saw Emily's cheeks start to turn red. It could be because she was smiling so much, but part of me wanted to believe it was because of the kiss.

Lately, I've been questioning my sexuality because of the feelings I've been having towards Emily.

We started to eat after I told Emily what I had made her.

"I've never had breakfast in bed during my birthday, or just in general." She said.

"Well, there's always a first for everything." I said, grabbing her hand.

I wanted to know if the red on Emily's face was really from the kiss I gave her.

Right when I placed my hand on Emily's hand, she turned away so I couldn't see her face anymore.

Guess I'm going to have to find out some other way.

----

Emily's Pov:

When Jennifer placed her hand on my hand, I felt my face  burn up a bit, so I turned my head away so she couldn't see my face turn red like a tomatoe.

"What are the plans for today?" I asked, still holding her hand and grabbing a piece of her eggs.

"Aye, these are my eggs. Get your own." She said while slapping my hand away.

"Well, it's my birthday, so I can eat whatever I want." I said with a smile and put the eggs in my mouth.

"You're lucky it's your birthday." She said, squinting her eyes.

It made me laugh seeing her being protective of her food.

"You still haven't answered my question." I said, looking at her.

"Are you done eating?" Jennifer asked, avoiding the question I asked.

"Answer my question, and I'll respond to yours." I said.

"I'm taking that as you're done eating." She said while grabbing the mug out of my hands.

"Hey! I was still drinking that." I said while watching Jennifer walk towards the door.

"Too bad!" She said, turning around towards me and back around towards the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: There are definitely some typos in here and some tounge twisters, so I apologize.🫡