Chapter nine

Emily's Pov:

I was running supper late already, and these heels aren't doing it any better.

When I entered the doors, I saw everyone in the bullpen, so I walked over there as quickly as I could.

I entered, and everyone's eyes were on me.

They complimented me, and then Hotch told everyone to get back to work.

Penelope finished what she was saying.

"Prentiss, you will be briefed in the plane. Wheels up in 5."

And just like that, everyone was off. Except for me and one lovely blonde.

"You look good." My heart started to race, I tried to act calm and not blush.

But since it was JJ that said that, I started to feel my cheeks get hot. I hope she just thinks it's the blush I have on.

"Thank you." I said

"You're welcome. You'll get used to having to run out on dates."

I tried to keep the conversation going, which I was able to. She's never talked to me this much since I arrived at the BAU, and having this conversation with her is genuinely the best thing that has happened to me these past couple of months.

"See you on the plane." I said while we separated to our desks.

I quickly ran to the locker room that I didn't even know we had until JJ told me earlier.

I changed as quickly as I could, I'm really glad I packed an extra pair of shoes.

I was on my way to head out of the locker room when I saw JJ walk in.

"Hey, they're waiting for you downstairs."

The elevator was so quiet, not even my apartment is this silent. And I live alone.

"I know it's none of my business, but how was the date? Well, before Garcia called." She finally broke the silence.

"I wouldn't call it a date. She was an old friend I caught up with. But it was good, she wants to meet you guys and my new work space." I said hesitantly

"You should bring her here sometime then." This conversation was getting awkward again.

Luckily, the doors opened.

-------------------------
*On the plane*
-------------------------

I sat in front of JJ, and she gave me the most amazing and heart melting smile.

"I guess I'll be the one briefing you." She said with her arms on the table, one holding the other.

"I guess so," I said with a smile

"Ok, alright, we're heading to Los Angeles, California. Three men have been found dumped in dumpsters all around the beach. Two of which had their hands cut off. The third guy had his testicles removed." Yikes.
"As I said earlier, the unsub is only killing white males who are in a relationship."

After JJ finished briefing me, everyone started to scatter ideas.

"Has anyone found the hands or the testicle?..." I said

"No, not yet. I think he's keeping them as trophies." Spencer says while  going over the file.

"Who would want to keep testicles?" Derek says in a disgusted way.

"Jeffrey Dahmer actually kept the remain of his victims to perform sexual acts on them." Spencer said while nodding his head.

Of course, he would be the one to answer Derek's question.

"So you think he's keeping the remains to do something to himself.." I said

"No, I'm saying that most serial killers keep remains of their victims
to use them in their fantasy."

"So what's his fantasy?" Derek asks

"I'm not sure yet," Spence said while looking back down at the report

"We'll know more when we arrive.
Gideon and I will go to the first crime scene . Reid, you will head to the station to start the geographical map.  Morgan and Prentiss, you guys will go to the second crime scene. JJ, you'll  talk to the press and try not to give out much detail. Elle, you'll be joining her. Try and get some sleep, everybody, especially you, Greenaway. It's going to be a long day." Just like that, everyone spread out.

I stayed where I was, and so did JJ.

We both stared into eachothers eyes, I was admiring her beautiful beach blue eyes. They were so calming and peaceful.

We didn't say a word to each other, but it felt like we knew what one another was saying.

The silence was peaceful. It wasn't alward at all.

The silence was broken when Derek asked JJ if she was going to use the black blanket hanging from her seat.

JJ, of course, said she was going to use it. Which left Derek upset he wasn't going to have a blanket to cuddle with.

"Bring your own blanket next time." JJ said after she saw Derek's pleading eyes.

And just like that, JJ was off to sleep, and I was left thinking about JJ's beautiful beach blue eyes and her delightful smile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors not: JJ and Emily are now talking. Let's see how long it lasts..