Chapter Eighteen

JJ's Pov:

It's been a couple of days since Emily has taken care of me.

It's been good, I've gotten to know her more, and she's gotten to know me more.

"Jennifer, foods ready!!!" She yelled from the kitchen.

"I can't walk, Emily!!" I said.

"Oh yeah, I forgot, sorry!!!" She said.

I am able to walk on my own. I just want a reason to be close to Emily.

She walked me towards the kitchen. The way she smelled was new. It wasn't her regular lavender scent.

"What perfume are you wearing?" I blurted out.

"What?" She asked.

"What perfume are you wearing? It isn't your normal lavender one." I said.

"So now you're smelling me?" She said laughing.

"What! N-no!"

"I'm just messing with you, Jennifer. I'm wearing this fall perfume I found at the store yesterday. It's pumpkin, something." She said.

"It smells good." I said, sitting down on one of the counter chairs.

She smiled and went to grab the plate.

"Eggs and pancakes with coffee." She said, placing the plate down.

"There's also some bacon if you want some." She said.

"No, I'm fine. I don't really like bacon."

Emily gasped. "You don't like bacon!!" She said, whispering loudly.

"Yes, why are we whisper yelling!!"

"I don't know!" She said.

We both started laughing.

"Your birthday is in two days. What are you planning on doing?" I asked.

"Nothing." I turned towards her, confused.

"What do you mean nothing? You don't want to hang out with friends? Drink? Party?" Emily said nothing.

"Nothing!" I said.

"I never celebrated my birthday." Emily said, laughing.

"Seriously!? Have you never ever had a party or like a cake or anything on your birthday?!" I asked.

Emily nodded her head no.

That has to change this year. What mom doesn't celebrate her daughter's birthday!? Or gives her a cake, at least.

----

I've spent all morning planning Emily's birthday party.

It's not really a party if only the team is going to be there, but it's something.

I already had Emily's gift planned since the night I remembered her birthday was coming up.

All I needed to do was pick it up, and I hope they let me in to get it.

The first thing I need to do is get Emily out of the house...

"Hey Penelope, how are you?" I called Pen.

"Hi JJ.. what do you need?" She said, already knowing I need a favor to ask.

"I need you to take Emily out shopping or something she told me last night that's she been wanting coffee from the cafe downtown, she also told me how she wants to go to the mall to buy some shoes." I told Penelope, I know if I told her that I'm planning a surprise party for Emily, she would've told her.