Chapter Fourteen

Emily's Pov:

It's now Thursday, the day after I got shot, and JJ was put in the ICU.

We stayed another night in the hotel to keep JJ some company while she recovered in the hospital.

Penelope ended up staying in the hotel room me and JJ stayed in.

When I walked in, I remembered everything that happened Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. The way I woke up to Jennifer in my arms.

Clearly, Penelope didn't have JJ in her mind at the time because right when we walked in, she gasped at seeing only one bed.

"You and JJ slept together!!!"

"Wh-what?" I asked nervously.

"There's only one bed, and both sides are messed up, and the couch doesn't have folded up blankets, and there's no blankets on the floor, so no one slept on the floor or couch! I'm not a profiler, but I know when two people slept in the same bed." She said rapidly

I didn't know what to say. How was I supposed to respond to something that was true?

"Just because the bed is messed up on both sides doesn't mean two people slept in it." I said laughing.

"JJ sleeps like an angel. She doesn't move at all. Which is weird because she can go to sleep like she's in a casket and wake up like that. But the point is she doesn't move and make both sides a mess, and I don't know how you sleep, but I know you don't move around a lot."

"How do you know if I move or not while I sleep?" I said sarcastically.

"Oh, cut the crap Emily I know you two slept in the same bed."

We stopped the conversation at that.

It was already 10 pm when we arrived, so we took a quick shower, brushed our teeth, and went to bed.

Luckily, Garcia is really easy to deal with, so we didn't have to fight over who's sleeping on what like me and JJ did.

Today me, Penelope and Elle all planned to go visit JJ at the hospital.

First, we went down to get breakfast and coffee. We chose to go to a cafe instead of getting breakfast down in the hotel lobby.

The cafe we chose was more like a diner than a cafe. It was called "Lola's Diner" it was very 80's fashioned theme.

"So Emily, what was it like sharing a room with blondie?" Elle asked, sipping on her coffee.

I knew she was talking about Jennifer, but I wanted to pretend like she was talking about Garcia.

"She kept on bugging me about JJ," I said

"Not that blondie the other one." Elle said, rolling her eyes.

"They shared a bed." Penelope said, drinking out of a straw.

"Is that so?" Elle said, raising an eyebrow.

"You guys are annoying,"

"You love us." Elle said.

"No, no, I don't." I said, giving them a sarcastic smile.

Penelope gasped and put her hand on her heart, and Elle just laughed.

"Wait, I just realized only two people are allowed into JJ's room at once." Penelope said with a frown.

I completely forgot about that rule. It must have slipped my mind. All I thought about was seeing JJ.

"I forgot about that." I said.