Chapter Twenty-Five

Emily's Pov:

We are at the police station, and so far, 5 couples have been killed. Making it a total of 10 people killed in the span of 2 days.

The unsub is killing rapidly.

We concluded that it's a male late 30s who was probably in a relationship but went downhill.

He probably sees the people he's killed as surrogates for his last relationship.

So far, all couples have been straight.

The unsub at first only killed two couples but escalted the next day by killing three, and that's why we were called.

So far, the unsub hasn't been killing since we arrived, so we haven't gotten a good profile.

"Two bodies have just been found in a car in front of a house." Detective Sánchez said.

"Derek and Emily, go check it out." Hotch said, pointing at me and Derek and towards the detective.

We arrived at the crime scene, and the bodies were still in the car.

"They're two females." Derek said.

"Females? That changes the profile." I said in shock.

"Are you sure this is the same killer?" Derek asked detective Sánchez.

"Yes, all other bodies have been found exactly like this. Not in front of a house, though." She said.

"We have to change the profile." Derek said.

We arrived back at the police station.

"We've got the profile all wrong." I told Hotch and everyone else in the room.

"What do you mean?" Spencer said.

"The latest couple were two females."  I said.

"Females? The unsub has only been killing male and female relationships." Elle said.

"I know, we asked Garcia to loom into their relationship, and it turns out they are a couple. The MO also matches." I said, going towards the board to put the crime scene photos onto the clear board.

"If you see here, both women's hands were tied, and the masculine woman's hands are tied onto the steering wheel just like the men in the other crime scenes. The other woman, in the other hand. Her hands are tied behind her back just like the woman in the other crime scene. And to top it all off, they also have 8 stab wounds and a gunshot through the head." I said.

"Why is the unsub choosing to change  his MO?" Jennifer asked.

"His partner probably cheated on him with a woman." Gideon added.

"So is the unsub gay or straight?" Elle asked.

"That's what we need to find out." Hotch said.

We spent hours trying to find out whether or not the unsub is straight or not.

"I got it." Spencer said.

"The unsub is a gay male." Spencer added.

"How do you know?" Morgan asked.

"He started off killing male and female relationships but moved on to killing female to female relationships."

"We know that kid, but that doesn't explain he's gay." Morgan said.

"He moved his rage towards woman. It only makes sense that the male he was dating cheated on him for women." Spencer said.

It made some sense.