Chapter Ten

TW: Mention of Rape
---------------

JJ's Pov:

We landed in LA about 7 hours ago, and it's now 3 pm.

We haven't gotten any leads yet. Besides that, the UNSUB is a female in her late 20s or 30s.

The body count went up a bit. This time, she's chopping off the hands and testicles, and not just one thing.

Everything was done premortem.

So the victims felt everything before they were given a drug through the top of their skull and killed.

"Hey, does anyone want to go get lunch?" Asked Morgan.

"Sure," everyone said in sync.

We ended up getting Chinese. We stayed there for about an hour. We talked about work and what the woman was possibly achieving with keeping the hands and testicles.

Spencer was trying to pick up spaghetti with chopstick, but couldn't it was genuinely so funny.

"Do you know how many guys I saw walk during my sex crime days? Either the victims didn't want to press charges, or the jury's said they were asking for it." Elle said, it's really disappointing seeing how a lot of people say women ask to get raped.

"Excuse me, is it possible I can get a fork?" Spencer asked. Everyone started laughing.

We ended up leaving after everyone finished eating.

---------------------------------------------
*Skip a couple of hrs*
---------------------------------------------

"Are work is done for today. Let's head over to the hotel." Hotch said

Penelope already paid for our hotel, so all she had to do was send over the address.

"Hi, we have room reservations under the name 'Aaron Hotchner' "

"We were only able to give you 4 room if that's ok." We're going to have to pair up. Great.

"It's ok, we can pair up, thank you." Hotch was now walking towards us to give us our room keys.

"We okly have 4 rooms. We're going to have to pair up, choose who you want to pair up with."

"I am not pairing up with pretty boy." Morgan said, Spence was offended, but let it go.

"I'll take no one." Said Gideon, so Hotch gave him his own room.

"I can pair up with Hotch so you girls can stay together." Said Morgan. First time I heard him not wanting to pair up with a woman.

"I'll take Spence," said Elle, giving me a smirk. Ever since she saw how red I got at our first girls' night with Emily, she's been trying to make me talk to Emily more. Her pairing up with Spence was just another of her tricks to make me talk to Emily.

"I guess me and you will be taking the last room." Emily said, turning her body towards me.

"I guess so."

"Everyone, get a good night's rest. We'll be back here at 7 am tomorrow morning."

Everyone headed for the elevator to get to their rooms.

Me and Emily got to our room.

"Wait, here I'm going to check the room." Check the room?

She must have seen how confused I was. "A couple of years ago, I got a hotel room, and some random creep was in the closet."

I stayed outside, waiting for Emily to be done.

"We're good!"

I came in and saw there was only one bed.

"I can sleep on the couch. You can sleep on the bed." I found it sweet how Emily put others before herself.

"No, it's fine. I can sleep on the couch."

"Not happening. I'm sleeping on the couch, end of discussion, Jareau." Jareau?! She's never called me Jareau. Lowkey love it tho, it comes out of her mouth good.

"Seriously? You're not going to sleep well."

"And you will?" She has a point.

"Can I shower first? It was really hot at the crime scene. I got really sweaty."

I let her shower first because I know how it feels getting sweaty than cooling down in your own sweat. It's disgusting.

I didn't settle down because I still didn't like the idea of Emily sleeping on the couch, and as much as she is stubborn and bossy, I'm not gonna let her win and let her sleep on the couch.

Emily finished showering, and she came out in a sports bra and shorts.
You can see her abs.

I guess I was in a daze because Emily started yelling my name.

"Jennifer!"

"Hmm, oh, sorry, what?"

"Do you have any makeup wipes? I kinda left mine at my house."

I got up to check my bag, and I indeed did have some makeup wipes.

I walked over to her to give them to her, but our hands touched. It was more of a graze kind of touch. But her touch still sent chills down my spine.

"Thank you." She walked back into the restroom, never realized how good of an as- walk she has.

She walked back out a couple of minutes later, so I went to take a shower next.

Emily must have been taking a really hot shower because the room was burning hot. I mean, I don't blame her. Hot showers are nice.

I finished taking so I changed into shorts and a hoodie. I went out into the room when I saw Emily setting up her little sleeping area on the couch.

"Nope, nah uh." I said walking towards her

"I said end of discussion."

"And I'm saying no."

"JJ, I'm not letting you sleep on the couch. I would much rather have little to no sleep than to see you pass out while chasing the unsub." That made me giggle because I have had pass out while on duty.

"Fine, then just sleep with me." Thank God Morgan isn't here because he would've made it dirty.

Emily just stood there saying nothing.

"I don't bite."

"Mmm, you sure about that?"

"Oh my God. It was one time!"

I walked towards the bed, and Emily followed me laughing.

"I was just joking!" She said

I never really told anyone the story about how a bit a kid in the arm when I was younger for stealing my yogurt, I only told Emily because it was the only thing in my mind when me and her started talking.

I pulled the covers up and plopped into bed. Emily did the same.

Me and Emily are together. In the same room. In the same bed. 4 inches apart.

That kept repeating in my head until I heard Emily.

"Goodnight, JJ."

"Goodnight, Em."

I ended up falling asleep. There was still a pretty big enough gap between the both of us, so sleeping next to Emily shouldn't be bad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I swear I'm trying to make more Jemily interactions. Hopefully, this one is better than the other interactions I've written.