JOURNEY TO LOVE - 20

Start from the beginning

"Maybe you're right, maybe you're not. All I know is that there's always room for improvement, and I'll try for that." He said, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "But I'm glad to hear that you crave me." He added with a playful smirk.

God, I had to say it. He was making me feel things like never before, and it was annoyingly wonderful. But I wasn't backing down. I could be shy, but not too much.

"I do, and it hurts that you don't." I teased, turning to slide out of bed. I was on the edge of the bed when I heard him say, "You don't even realize how badly I'm craving you." His words made me turn, and I noticed desire in his eyes, a desire he didn't even attempt to hide. Goosebumps covered my body, and the tingling sensation intensified.

"But I'll wait until you're ready." He added. Unable to speak, I slowly nodded before rushing downstairs to the kitchen.

"Oh God, what was that ?" I mumbled to myself. I knew what he was talking about, and I knew he would never break my heart. But I didn't want our first time to be impulsive. I wanted us to savor it fully, and we needed more time before we reached that point. Still, I couldn't deny that it felt oddly satisfying to be desired by the man who was perhaps the embodiment of an angel himself.

With a smile on my face, I began to cook lunch for us with the help of Mrs. Thompson, and shortly, we were done preparing macaroni and cheese.

After we finished and were plating our meal, I saw Lucas descending the stairs, radiating his majestic aura. His face held such warmth that it could thaw a frozen heart. He approached me and handed me my phone.

"Mr. Reed's assistant called. She said Monday is fine for the meeting. I wouldn't have answered if it were a personal call." He explained. I gave him a subtle nod before motioning for him to take a seat.

After enjoying our lunch in peaceful silence, we returned to the bedroom, not quite sure what to do except work. Well, that was our life without family. I turned my head to find him simply staring at his family picture, which also included Alex, Nathan, and me.

At least our thoughts aligned.

"Wouldn't we be lost without them ?" He mused.

"Yeah." He whispered, and once again, we fell into silence.

"Amelia." He called, causing me to turn to him. His eyes were still on  the picture ahead.

"Do you believe soulmates exist ?" He suddenly asked, catching me off guard.

Where did that come from ?

I furrowed my brow, and his gaze slowly shifted to me, looking at me softly, waiting for an answer. To be honest, I didn't know.

"I have no idea. I don't even understand what soulmates do." I replied honestly, my gaze flickering around before settling on his unwavering stare once more. "But why are you asking ?"

"I just have this feeling that you're my soulmate." He whispered, a small, vibrant smile gracing his lips.

"And why do you think that ?" I probed, lying down next to him, our faces inches apart.

"Because with you, I can be as quiet as I want, for as long as I want, and I'm still comfortable, knowing you won't think I'm ignoring you. You just know I care." he rambled, causing my lips to curve into a smile.

"In that case, I think you're my soulmate too."

"How so ?" He asked, sitting up and closing his eyes.

"Because with you, I can be carefree, knowing that as long as you're here, nothing can go wrong." I replied. He gazed at me intensely before closing his eyes.

"You're absolutely right about that," He said. I chuckled softly before closing my own eyes, and soon, we drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

___________________________________________

Hey Guys !!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Please let me know your views in the comments below.

Please vote, it motivates.

Stay healthy.
Stay safe !!