Chapter 5: Mending souls

|{Rico&Ring}|

|{Rico&Ring}|

The war wasn't getting any better from the way Ring was looking at it. And for the most part his side was winning, but it was starting to look like that popular saying. 'An enemy of my enemy is my friend'. There seemed to be some mad hoes link up going on and it was clear to him.

Not only were Dame and that Bram kid allies, they teamed up with the Bells too. Word on the street was that they had one more player on their team, no one knew who it was yet, but best believe Ring was finna find out.

He had big shipments coming in but this was the worst possible time for it to be coming in, if his connect felt like the ongoing war was gonna mess with his money he might pull back and that was real bad for business.

Still lost in thought Ring vaguely heard someone come into his office. He looked up and it was Micah and TJ.

"TJ what you doing here this late?"

"We got a problem. The youngins are getting hit now, Lando got hit real bad an hour ago and the rest of them ain't tryna work no more."

"Lando? Fuck! Did he make it?"

"Barely. He's in the hospital unconscious."

"Pull them off the corners till I say otherwise." Ring clenched his fist. They're supposed to be off limits, what the fuck was wrong with them people? Ring thought. Lando is a special one, fearless and intelligent and Ring had a soft spot for the kid. Fuck!

"Who got him?" Ring asked.

TJ shrugged.

"Find out, Imma handle them myself. Put word out that I got sum for anyone who can bring the person who pulled that trigger to me alive. I need to send a clear message."

"Aight I got you." TJ said and made to leave before his uncle stopped him once again.

"You moving in packs like you supposed to?"

TJ sighed. "Yeah, unfortunately my pops is making me walk around with three niggas following behind me like I can't handle my shit." He complained to the one person who understands how unnecessary that extra shit was.

"Take two more." Ring instructed, without looking up from his computer.

"I don't need the three that I already got unc, let alone two more."

"Too bad I don't care what you need. Take two more when you leave, and shut my door behind you."

TJ hissed, resisting the urge to tell the man not to speak to him like he wasn't a grown ass man, instead he turned around and left.

Micah was left standing there looking lost. When Ring didn't pay him any attention still he cleared his throat.

"The fuck do you want?" Ring snapped.