Part 22: Daddy dearest

|{TJ James}|

|{TJ James}|

"Wait y'all leaving? Like today?" Amaru was a little bit confused, one would think TJ would've at least given him a heads up before packing up.

TJ smiled warmly, rolling his eyes. "Yes Mar, my place is all fixed up, why continue to bother you? I'm sure you need your space back."

Amaru frowned. Since when is bothering me a problem for you? He wondered.

"Aw are you gonna miss me?" TJ taunted.

Amaru moved over to where the open bags were and started folding up the kid's clothes. "Don't be silly, of course I'm gon miss having y'all here. At the end of the day you my best friend before anything else, when you're not getting on my nerves or acting like a dick. But im glad your crib is fixed up, I'm sure the kids would love to be back in their own bedroom."

"I don't wanna gooo." Harlow declared, crossing his arms over his chest and pouting. He didn't talk much, so whenever he did they paid attention.

"ME TOOOO!" Harley squealed unnecessarily.

TJ couldn't help but wonder why children were so fucking annoying bruh, because what was the purpose of that noise? They could hear her just fine, she didn't have to yell.

He knew better than to say any of that out loud though. "Y'all still going to see Mar regularly, nothing is changing, but we have to go back home at some point." He tried to convince the kids, who only looked like they were about to cry even more.

"Alright come here you two," Amaru intervened, squatting and opening his arms for them to step into. He held them and gave them each kisses on the forehead, then wiped their teary eyes with his thumbs. "Look, your papa is right okay. I'll still pick y'all up from school sometimes, we can do storytime on the phone when I can't come by. And most importantly remember what I always tell you, call me if you need me, anytime. I'll always be there I promise."

Harley and Harlow reluctantly wiped their eyes. "Pinky swear?" The little girl asked, and of course Amaru intertwined his little finger with her tiny one to solidify their deal.

"Who loves you more than peanut butter and jelly?" He asked, pinching their tiny cheeks.

"You!" They chorus, giggling a little bit, they always thought that was so funny.

"That's right, come here, group hug."

The whole time this was happening TJ just stood there watching the entire exchange with the warmest feeling in his belly, it was amazing how good Mar was with them. 'Thank you' TJ mouthed to him and got a smile in return.

Unexpectedly, Amaru gave a low laugh, before sending the kids off to their room on a wild goose chase, just so he could have a moment alone with TJ. "You were getting ticked off by the tantrum, weren't you?" He stated knowingly.