Part 26: The Morning After 2.0

|{Mid-Season Finale}|

Same Day, Different POVs...

Qani woke up to his phone blowing up, a knock on the door and full blown chaos. At first he didn't know what was happening, but his first emotion was fear, considering he'd just came home from the hospital where his cousin was fighting for his life only two hours ago, he thought that was a fair reaction. He was scared Kiante hadn't made it through the night.
But thankfully that wasn't the case.

Quila pushed open his bedroom door before he had a chance to inquire who was knocking so hard. "You're still asleep? Really?" She shook her head as she asked that as if to say he got on her nerves. Moving past his bed she went to the windows and opened the curtains one after the other.

Qani sleepily groaned and wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. "What do you wanttt? It's too early."

"I don't care, check your phone. Dad called me to get here since it's clear you're going to need some legal counsel."

'Legal counsel?' Qani was confused for only a second before he picked up his phone to look, then it went from confusion to panic immediately.
The media was going crazy with him and Rio's faces plastered all over with headlines like, 'NFL star cheats on media tycone fiancee with a man who's supposed to be his cousin.' 'Hardheaded NFL star seemingly steps out of the closet with his supposed cousin despite being engaged to Naomi Bradford.' Etc...

"What the fuck?" He muttered, still in shock.

"My thoughts exactly."

-{Qani 1st Pov}-

Thirty minutes later i was stuck in the same position watching in horror as my name and reputation was getting dragged through the mud and i feared i was going to get fired because of how the league liked to protect their image. I feared a lot of things to be honest, like how this was all going to play out. Of how I was going to face Naomi now that this was so public, not to mention dealing with her dad, who was one of the main reasons I hung on to this relationship for so long even when I knew deep down that I wasn't really over my nigga. The mafia boss didn't play no games when it came to his only child, and that man had connections all over the country and beyond, that ain't nothing to mess with. I knew I had to be strategic about the breakup, but now it was all a hot ass mess. I need to talk to her, to make her understand before it's too late.

Shit 'Ri', my baby.
My heart raced the moment I thought about him. How was he handling all this? Being in the media eye for years now I was used to public scrutiny, but that wasn't the case for him, the press and media outlets as a whole were probably hounding him right now and that was a scary thought, I had to make sure he was good.

"Who are you calling? And why are you still sitting there staring into space?" Quila questioned, waving her long perfectly done nails around, in her properly ironed pant suit that made her look uptight. Well the pink bone-straight hair balanced it out by adding a bit of playfulness to her general appearance.