Chapter Twenty-One-Act 10

{♡How Lovely Is The Sun Of New Meetings And The Rain Of Despair ♡}

He wished he didn't met Osamu that night. He heard from mori he dissappeared a while ago , he was surprised and angry as he took it personally as he grabbed onto osamu's shirt with a glare the rain poured down onto them.

He stared deep into the unemotional eyes of the younger before he let go after hours of pleading. He watched him leave For some reason he didn't stop him anymore.

Later that week the news of Osamu being labeled as a 'traitor' of the mafia made his stomach swirl a heat building up. He sigh's leaving chūya and akutagawa off into their two very different depressions.

\|\|\|\|

Velvette smiles walking down the street a pack of books neatly tucked into the bag. He hums looking around the stores , unable to decide if he should buy more things.

He sighs and smiles shrugging the bag into a more comfortable place. The sun is nice but he still ended up unfortunately wearing his coat. He continues to walk down the streets , soon starting to dig into his bag not looking where he was going.

He bumps into someone sending the smaller down , velvette regaining his composure as soon as the other hits the floor.

A small noise of hurt comes from the fallen one their lollipop dropping out their mouth into the floor and breaking.

Velvette blinks quickly shaking off the mildly shock and reaching out his hand. "Oh I'm sorry , Are you alright?"

"'m fine" the other mutters taking the hand , velvette pulling them up. "But," the other turns back to the lollipop with a frown. "Pay me back for it"

Velvette sighs with a smile. "Of course , I'd be happy to , I have to anyway" he digs into his bag searching for something before the other holds up their hand tugging at his sleeve.

"Just buy me sweets to repay me back!" The other says continuing once seeing Velvette's confused expression. "I know a place , let's go there"

"Oh," tugging his arm away from the other a bit he smiles. "Alrigh then"

The other nods leading them down a few streets before stopping turning back to the other. "I forgot to say I'm not good at directions.." they trail off avoiding the very dumbfounded expression of the taller. "We're lost"

With a sigh velvette smiles again. "That's fine , you know name of the place? I'm sure I could find it if I have a name"

...they somehow found the place after a while , now they're seated down , the shorter male surrounded by sweets as velvette is just drinking very little tea.

The other grumbles grabbing his attention with a tilt of his head.

They clear their throat whipping their face of cake before talking. "Im edogawa rampo" he introduces himself with a smile before it turning into a grin at velvette response to his name.

"Oh?" Velvette smiles putting down his cup. "Edogawa rampo? As in the famous detective?" The smaller nods with the same grin. Velvette smiles digging deeper into that smile. "it's such an honor being in the presence of a famous detective as your self , edogawa"

"I know!" Rampo praises himself. "You're very lucky"

Velvette chuckles folding his hands ontop of the table. Oh how this was going to be fun...

\|\|\|

And it was. Rampo has invited him back to that cafe almost every week of those three months , just to hear the praise from Velvette. It's a wonderful feeling when velvette can just play with the feelings of someone that already knows and is going along with it.