seventeen.

"This is a dumb plan," I watch as Pope and Kie near on the pogue.

   John B shakes his head, "it's gonna work, trust me."

   "Okay even if it does work, why do I have to stay with them?"

   JJ grins, "you're their bridge, you have connection to both of them. Help them bond."

   "Guys! Places!"

   I sigh, taking a seat on the edge of the boat as Pope pulls up beside us, letting Kiara off. I point her to where the boys are and she huffs a sigh following my finger.

   Pope leans against the boat, "excited?"

   I frown, "super. I love the feeling of kidnapping and locking my sister on a boat while secretly luring my best friend here."

   Pope laughs at my sarcasm, beginning to pull the boat away, "see you later Cameron."

   I stick my tongue out at him right as JJ and John B run by me and hop off the edge of the boat, splashing water everywhere. They swim to the pogue and Kiara storms over, "What the hell?"

   "John B! John B let me out!" Sarah calls.

   Kiara looks at me in disbelief, "you're kidding."

   I shrug, "wasn't my plan."

   She slides open the compartment we stuck Sarah in, the girl going silently at the sight of Kiara. She jumps up, running over to the edge of the boat.

   "Get your asses back here!"

   John B laughs, "we can't! Not till you two figure it out!"

   "I will kill every single one of you!"

   Pope waves, "there's food in the cabin and JJ rolled a blunt!"

   They both start to strip as the boys get further away.

   "I would rather drown than stay here with you."

   "Be my guest, maybe then you'll finally shut the hell up."

   "You don't even know where you're going!"

   "I don't care!"

   I stand and sigh, "I will be in the cabin, you two have fun."

* * *

   "Oww, shit!"

   I groan as I slowly roll open my eyes, rubbing the spot where JJ's weed jar fell on me. I slowly stand to see that it's night time. I make my way out of the cabin to find Kiara curled up in a blanket, Sarah sitting on the edge of the boat.

   I make my way over to her, a yawn prying itself from my lips. I sit down, "you guys make up? Did our plan work?"

   Sarah grins, "unfortunately it did."

   I smile softly, "that's great, really."

   Sarah nods, "yeah thanks, I missed Kie."

   We sit in silence for a moment.

   "You know, we used to share a room."

   I look up at Sarah with a brow raised, "in Tanny hill?"

   She laughs, "I know the place is huge but we never wanted to be apart. Once you were old enough to sleep alone dad set up your whole room, he was so excited. It was ocean themed because you loved the water, he called you his starfish."

   I smile softly.

   "But of course you threw a fit. Dad thought it was because you wanted a princess theme like mine but then he realized it was because you just wanted to be with me," she sighs.