three.

My god my head is pounding.

   Why on earth did I drink so much last night? And why the hell is it so cold?

   I slowly peel open my eyes, a shining yellow blocking my vision. After blinking a few times I realize what the cloud of yellow is.

   JJ.

   His eyebrows are scrunched as he snores softly, his face half-buried in a pillow. Upon sitting up I realize that he also took all of the blanket.

   No wonder I was freezing.

   I stretch my limbs and scan the area around me, bits and pieces of last night coming back to me.

   I seem to be in a messy house, clothes and trash all over the place but it makes it look cozy. The door to the screen porch is propped open and on the couch I see Pope, his head hanging off the arm rest.

   JJ is sprawled next to me on the pull out and through a cracked door to a bedroom I see Kiara asleep. All that's missing is John-

   "Good morning sleepyhead."

   I turn and see the brunette stationed in the kitchen, slicing a watermelon on the counter. "Sorry about the mess and everything, power is out so it can get hot and cold fast. But!" his face lights up, "we have water so get yourself a glass."

   I slowly stand and make my way over to him, a goofy grin planting itself on my face. This boy is just adorable.

   I fill a plastic cup with water and pull myself to a seat on the counter as he continues to chop away at the watermelon.

   "So this is the Chateau huh?"

   He takes a second to glance around, smiling, "yup, home sweet home."

   He hands me a slice of watermelon and I grin wider. Why can't I wake up like this every morning? At the sound of creaking floor boards I turn to the door, an older man stepping inside with a cooler and fishing rod.

   He sets his stuff down, chuckling at JJ on the pullout before looking up at me. He smiles and I instantly recognize him.

   That's an older John B.

   "You're a new face, what's your name missy?"

   I smile, taking a bite out of my watermelon and swallowing, "Catalina, you must be John B's dad right?"

   He grabs a slice of watermelon from John B, ruffling his hair in the process, "correct, call me Big John. Should I get used to seeing your face around Miss Cat?"

   John B and I exchange glances and I wiggle my brows, it's up to him. He smiles and I bite back my grin, "yeah you might see me around here or there."

   Big John lets out a big laugh that fills up the room before patting my back and turning to walk down the hall. On the way he chucks a pillow at JJ, waking the boy up with a start.

   "I'll be in my office!"

   JJ groans and rolls over, "ugh Big John you asshole," he shuts his eyes again trying to go back to sleep. I grin to myself, taking another bit of watermelon.

   I hear another creak and look up once again, Kiara rubbing her eyes as she stumbles into the kitchen. "Morning guys," she mumbles, her hair a frizzy mess around her head.

   John B hands her a glass of water as she passes, pulling herself to a seat on the counter beside me. I smile as she rests her head on my shoulder, whining slightly.

   "How'd you sleep," I pop my p.

   She chuckles, "probably better than you did next to JJ."

   At the reminder I look over my shoulder at the blonde haired boy knocked out. You can still see the shape of where I slept beside him. I smile slightly, taking a sip of my water. "Mhm," I hum in response.

   "So what's the plan for today?" Pope appears in the kitchen, pulling on a shirt as he makes his way to the pantry. He searches through it before pulling out pancake mix. "I'm making you guys a proper breakfast."

   John B raises his brows and clicks on the lights, nothing happening, "no power."

   Pope grins, "but we have gas, and I have a brain."

   Kiara seems to have fallen asleep on my shoulder and I watch as the two boys in front of me begin to bicker. A moment later I feel a presence behind me turning to find JJ.

   He's looking down at me with a goofy smile, "your phone's ringing."

   I take my phone from him and see a picture of dad pop up as it goes to a missed call. All the boys seem to be gathered around me now, their noses wedged deeply in my business.

   "Who's that?"

   "Yeah, he looks old?"

   "It says papi, you have a thing for older guys?"

   I smile and shake my phone in front of them, "that is my dad, geniuses."

   John B and JJ stare at me blankly as Pope gives me a sweet smile, "honey you might want to ask him about that-"

   "Jeez! I'm adopted, I'm not an idiot!" I laugh, "he's still my dad and right now I need to call him back so everybody shut up."

   I clear my throat, and call him again. He answers on the second ring, "hey kid."

   "Puff puff pass motherfucker!"

   "JJ!"