Chapter 40

A blue light is seen from the distance descending down from the sky, like a comet or a fallen start

A blue light is seen from the distance descending down from the sky, like a comet or a fallen start. The people nearby exchange strange looks for a second, the blue light landing on the hollowed tree which bursts with fire at the impact, the fire burning down the tree to dust.

The pack of werewolves cautiously approach the burning tree as some of them start carrying buckets of water to put the fire out. A scream can be heard and the pack comes to a stop when the tree stops burning and the cries of a baby can be heard coming from the tree.

They look at each other before a brunette women walks closer to the tree, noticing the baby cry in the burned tree, and she doesn't hesitate to grab him to try calm his cries down.

"What is this?" A man with a moustache asks and the women shrugs her shoulders, rocking the baby in her arms. "Who could've possibly put that baby there?"

"Someone must've left him here for a reason." The brunette women replies, looking up at her husband with a sympathic expression. "We can take care of him. Only until someone comes looking for him. I'm sure his mother wouldn't be able to live knowing her son is out there alive."

"Ariel-." She cuts him off.

"Just until his family come looking for him."

The couple took the baby in and looked after him like he was their own, but they quickly took notice by the days that the baby was growing up surprisingly faster than usual. After one year of taking care of him, the boy looked like he was about 10 years old.

They grew worried about the special boy, having no other option than to take him to see one of their witch friends. The witch was much more disturbed about the unusual boy who as simply supposed to be a werewolf, but she sense a curse within him, wanting to sacrifice him as she thought he was an imbalance to nature.

"He is just a kid. You will not touch him." Ariel argues, pulling the young boy behind her back in a protective manner as she grows angrier at the women. "You lay a hand on him and I will rip you to shreds."

"He is an abomination against nature. If I have to kill you two to get to him... I will." The witch snaps back, raising her hand in the air but all of the sudden she drops to her knees with blood pouring out of her eyes.

"You will not touch me! I have great plans." The young boy smirks, the women dropping to the side as her heartbeat comes to a stop, the couple who adopted him stand back in complete horror at the murder.