Chapter 38

The emotionless tribrid raises her eyebrows at the man who has been following her, the man leaning against the tree with his arms crossed before they both look at the Mystic Grill as a human caught on fire runs out, screaming in agony and Miracle ...

The emotionless tribrid raises her eyebrows at the man who has been following her, the man leaning against the tree with his arms crossed before they both look at the Mystic Grill as a human caught on fire runs out, screaming in agony and Miracle raises her hand which makes his neck magically snap.

"Why did you blow the grill up?"

"Why didn't you try to stop me?"

"I'm human." Damon states in a deadpan tone, the girl looking at him with a weird expression since she didn't expect the Damon Salvatore to be so careful over his one last mortal life. "And you're killing a whole bunch of people without caring. I like living."

"And I was bored." Miracle shrugs, walking away and the man follows behind her as they stroll through Mystic Falls, the moonlight giving them enough light for them to see people panicking over the explosion, police and fire trucks arriving at the scene to try to help. "They're a bit late."

Damon raises his eyebrows at her. "Miracle, why did you do that?"

"Fine! My brother lied to me, it hurt my feelings. So, I punished him and I came to take my anger out of many innocent people." She stops dead on her tracks to face him before looking around and shaking her head. "No, wait, that wasn't the reason I killed them."

"Wait... Where's your brother?"

"Tucked away in world full of unicorns and rainbows, uncle Damon. Don't worry, he's safe. He's just part of my evil master plan, that's all." Miracle smirks as she begins walking again, Damon following hot in her trail with the syringe in his hands. "Y'all need to learn to stop trying to get my emotions back. I have a plan and I don't have time for this." Damon raises his hand to stab Miracle with it, but the tribrid is faster to grab his wrist and break it, the man groaning in pain. "Well, you either walk away or Elena will have another body to bury."

"Why are you doing all of this?" Damon snaps back, holding his broken wrist up to his chest, the youngest Mikaelson rolling her eyes as she stares at the pained man. "Why, Miracle?"

"Y'all about to find out soon."

Bonnie looks over at Caroline and Alaric as she reads the text Damon has send to her, the witch having called Elena who has been busy attending the many people who managed to survive the explosion, but many who nearly made it ended up passing away after a few minutes, others have stabilised.

"Why would she blow up the Mystic Grill?" Caroline questions, crossing her arms over her chest as Alaric gets off the phone with sherif in charge who had been compelled to come up with a story about the explosion. "Why is she doing all of this?"

"She told told Damon we'd find out soon." Bonnie states, staring at them as Alaric looks over at the two women with a sorrowful expression, placing the phone on the desk as he looks at them. "What's going on?"

"Matt was at the Grill." Alaric informs them, causing Caroline to stand up from the chair as tears threaten to invade her eyes, Bonnie placing her hands over her mouth in shock. "He has been taken to the hospital, but-."