Chapter 31

3rd Person Pov

3rd Person Pov

"I know we've been through a lot in the last few days. Well, months, really. Okay, uh, it's been a rough couple years, to be honest. And I wish I could say the worst was over. But no matter what comes next, I firmly believe that we will be able to get through it if we stand united as a school, - a community..." Alyssa Chang clears her throat, standing up from her chair as she interrupts Alaric who was leading the school assembly.

"Sorry, just for clarification, does 'our community' include your daughter, who murdered me and held the entire school hostage to stage a grotesque display of black magic power?" She questions, crossing her arms over her chest with a raised eyebrow as Josie looks down at her feet in embarrassment when she feels burning eyes on her.

"Josie is back to normal and safe." Emma states with a stern tone but the girl doesn't back down.

"Thanks to Hope and Miracle, who I'm noticing aren't here at the ass crack of dawn like the rest of us." Alyssa Chang says, looking around the room with a sarcastic expression. "So much for unity, I guess." She says, causing for Lizzie to roll her eyes as she faces away from her. "Where are your daughters?"

"I'm sure you all can understand Hope was hit hard by what happened to Landon, and she's just taking some time for herself. She has went back with her dad to New Orleans for a while. So has Miracle and Malik." Emma partly lies, trying not to show any emotion that would give away that she's lying.

"Speaking of, how is my boy Landon?" Wade asks, standing up from his chair as Alyssa Chang seats back down. 

"Getting Landon back is my top priority, and I won't stop until I do. And that would go for any one of you." Alaric informs the students as they start muttering to each other, the two adults exchanging a knowing look.

Meanwhile, on the far end of the school, Andre holds Miracle's hand as he holds a preoccupied expression. The boy hasn't even been able to sleep as he didn't want to leave her side in fear she would wake up and he would not be there to console her.

"Hey, Aryn. I know you're somewhere in there. You have to wake up. Hope needs you, too." Andre clears his throat, casting a glance at Hope who is laying down on the bed next to them. "I need you. You're my happiness. You're my everything. I would always do the right thing. I would always give up on my happiness, my future, my dreams. I would put everyone first." He says with a smile on his face, not noticing Raf at the doorframe listening to what he's saying, his heart slowly breaking. "And, then I met you. Suddenly, it all changed. Suddenly, it was all about you. And, now, I'm selfish because I want you. I need you. Because I want my future to have you in it."

Raf sighs, stepping inside the room as he looks at the bed where Miracle is laying down, looking lifeless and he is worried that he won't see her smile again. "Hey, Dre. How's she?"

"How do you think, Raf?!" Andre snaps back, his anger being out of control lately as if Miracle was his anchor. "Same as yesterday and the day before that!"