Chapter 6

"You sure about this? Jed is a dick

"You sure about this? Jed is a dick. If you don't want to be part of his pack, don't be!" I reassure him since he asked for my help to come with him to talk with Jed. Ever since he's been back in school, Jed has literally been patronising Raf to become part of his pack but that's what he always does.

Ric went to take care of the dryad that Dorian found when he went to hide the knife safely because of the monsters but they are still appearing as you can see, no matter where the knife is.

"Look, after Cassie died, I thought Landon was the only pack that I'd ever have. I didn't think that I needed anyone else." He speaks as we watch Jeds' pack play ball in the gymnasium. "Be honest with me. Is this school, these people... keeping Landon here... Is it worth it?"

I sigh, looking up at him since he's much taller than I am. "This place is flawed. Every single person here is cursed in some way, whether it's blood or just life. Everyone has issues of their own that they're dealing with. But we're all in this together. Even if we hate each other. As long as it keeps our secret safe... we fight together. So, yeah. It's worth it. Everyone eventually fits in... or at least feels comfortable." I explain, giving him a soft squeeze on his shoulder in a reassuring manner.

I just want him to feel safe, he deserves it as much as everyone else in this damn school.

"Thank you, Miracle." He shoots me a small smile before going back to watching the boys play the game.

"Medicine ball. Jed and his boys play for keeps." I inform him, right as the ball lands at Rafs' feet since they threw it with a little bit more strength than needed and to the wrong side of the court.

"Foster kid. You back for more?" Jed questions with a smirk on his face. That's when Raf and I take a step closer to all of the boys, all of them stopping to see what the deal is with us.

"Don't be a dick, Jed. Or I'll kick your ass again. Didn't you enjoy the first two times? You'll love the third one." I snap back at him with a little smirk of my own as his fade away.

"I killed my girlfriend. It was an accident. I was behind the wheel, and I lost control. When I woke up, I was in the hospital. Landon had to tell me that she was dead, and I don't know anything else. Am I a part of the pack now?" Raf asks as soon as he answers the initiation question to be part of the pack.

"Take a knee." Jed demands.

"Jed..." I growl but he cuts me off.

"You're gonna submit to your alpha, you take a knee. You wouldn't know about that, Mimi." He smirks back at him and I take a step so that our faces are inches apart.

"No, I'm my own alpha. Thank god. I wouldn't want to be treated like that." I spit at him with anger and I can tell that I'm slowly striking each nerve that he has.

"Like what?"

"Hey, don't touch her!" Raf grabs my arm, trying to push me behind him as to protect me when he sees the look on Jeds' face, but I pull his arm away. I don't need his help, I've dealt with Jed before and I can do it again.