Chapter 28

My mother and I have been locked in the office all night and I haven't had any contact with anyone else

My mother and I have been locked in the office all night and I haven't had any contact with anyone else. Ric came in about two hours ago but my mother spoke to him and no one else has come to check up on us.

I just want to be alone.

I just didn't want to go back to my bedroom because there are so many memories suffocating me and I hate it and I'm so sick of it. I'm so sick of.
everything that remains me of him.

"Where's Malik?" I question, wiping the last few tears off my face as she's simply staring at me like she did all night, but every now she had gotten us some food.

I sigh, pulling my feet closer to my chest. "Out with your father. More boy time and I will not complain. Your dad can be an extreme pain in the ass." She tries to joke with a smile on her face but I can't reflect it on my face.

"But you love him."

She smiles brightly, wondering her eyes away from me for a second. "Always will. Nothing will stop me from loving the man I married."

"My spell should've worked."

"Kai linked you with Niox. When you 'died' in the prision world. It made Niox's death permanent. Used my blood after knocking me out." She explains to me and it makes more sense to the why I blacked out. "Kai was a powerful witch as well. He taught you most of what you know."

Anger takes over me and I stand up abruptly, hitting the desk "And what? I should be thankful?"

"No, you shouldn't." She answers back and somehow it calms me down slightly, not wanting to upset her. "Mira, if you need anything, please talk to me. Don't suppress your feelings like I used to do."

"I love you." I reply, waving my hand at the door as I used a barrier spell just in case somehow tried to come in after Ric.

"I love you more, sweetheart." I hear her soft whisper as I take one more step out of the office, immediately spotting Andre sitting down asleep by the office door.

I kneel down and shake him awake gently. He opens his eyes slowly but once he sees that it's me, he brings a hand up to my face and I simply lean back, knowing I will melt to his touch.

"Aryn...I was worried. How are you-?"

"We should break up." I state, not looking into his eyes.

"Wha- why?" Andre stands up from the floor and the two of us stare at each other, he tries to take a step closer to me but I take a step back. "Is it because of him? Are you scared I'm going to end up like him?"

"I need time. I feel lost all over again." I wave my hands around to emphasise my point, running a hand through my tangled up hair. "I have all my memories back, yet, I feel like something is still missing. Look, Niox and I were... toxic to each other. He was sired to me. It wasn't real. And... I love you. If you were a mistake in my life, you would be the best mistake I've ever made."