Last Chapter

"Look, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you earlier. It's just that, everything happening wasn't as what I've expected. It's really a long story, Seokmin." Said Sehui, giving him a worried yet guilty look.

Seokmin didn't say anything.

"I've always liked you before. I was desperate for money or else I'll get kicked out of university. I had no any other choice. And I never knew that my choice could lead to all these." She explained. Sehui could see the disappointment in his eyes.

Seokmin have always been a happy go lucky guy. He never show everyone that he's sad or is having a hard time, so nobody really knows. But now, for the first time, Sehui is seeing him with a disheartened and at the same time a frustrated look.

It made her feel guilty.

"You shouldn't have lied to me and hid it from me this long." He in a cold way said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't-"

"You could've been honest with me since the deal started." He added.

"Seokmin.."

"I was always wondering, I've known you since our first day of uni. Your cousin never even once come to pick you up. You never even talk about your cousin before. And so suddenly, he showed up. Ever since that, you rarely spend your time with me and even Ara. I knew there's something wrong but I believed you." His statement, Sehui could clearly feel how dismayed he really is.

"I'm sorry, Seokmin. I thought it wouldn't last long. I never knew-"

He raised his hand, signaling her to stop.

"It's okay, Sehui. Maybe, if I am in your shoes, I'd do the same. Don't completely blame yourself." The look Seokmin is giving her right now screams how dejected he really is.

"But don't worry too much about it, it's not gonna break our friendship. I just need some time." And finally, he smiled. But Sehui knew that it's a sad and broken smile.

"I really hope that you will always be happy with him. Maybe you both are really destined for each other." And again, he flashed her an endearing smile that looks really sad.

-

"How's it? Working under IT department?" Ara asked, giving Sehui a smirk.

"It's hectic and crazy. Nobody was even talking because all of us are loaded with works. Our department is probably the quietest one here, trust me." Sehui groaned before she pinched her temples.

"Hey, Wonwoo would be disappointed to hear you complaining like that." Ara shook her head.

"Psh, I know. And what about you, how's working under the department of data management?" She raised an eyebrow with a smirk, retaliating Ara.

"You know, I've always been into this kind of management thingy. As you can see, I've always like the idea of producing tons of ideas and I always keep everything organized. Safe to say, I really love my job." Ara explained while moving her hands like she's really interested to talk about it.

"The idea of producing tons of ideas yes, that's so you." Sehui nodded her head trying to mock her best friend.

"Come on, I'm talking. At least I'm not complaining like you. Your husband got me this job, I really appreciate it. I'll work my butt off to make this company better and to make him proud." Ending her statement while opening her arms wide, she closed her eyes as she smiled.

"When did you start becoming a dramatic girl."

"Tsk, shut up. By the way, I found a very cute guy when I was on my way to pass some documents. He's tall too. And hot, definitely." She whispered the last part.