Chapter 24

"Hey.."

'Huh? His voice sounded so sad.' Sehui thought.

"Hello? What's wrong, Wonwoo?"

"Nothing. But I'm sure it's your lunch break now, wanna go to Mcd?"

Sehui turned to her left, it's Ara and Seokmin talking to each other about random stuffs, waiting for her to answer the call since three of them agreed with Seokmin's plan which is to have their lunch together at the nearest restaurant that's currently famous.

"Uhh.. Maybe next time?"

"But I'm already in front of your uni."

Sehui would feel bad if she ask Wonwoo to go back to his office or go to Mcd all by himself, morever he's already here to pick her up. But at the same time, she'll feel bad for cancelling Seokmin's plan today.

'Deciding is hard..'

"Who is it?" Ara asked, whispering.

Sehui mouthed her 'Wonwoo' to answer her question.

"Go with him." She whispered.

"But Seokmin-"

Ara hissed.

"It's okay."

"Alright, I'm on my way." She ended the call.

After making up excuses to Seokmin, Sehui headed to where Wonwoo's waiting for her. She swear, Wonwoo's smiling the moment they made an eye contact, it makes her cheeks went flushing red.

"Are you actually busy? I'm sorry, I never like the foods in our cafe and besides, I want to have lunch with you." He in a very blunt way said, but it still flutters her.

'Damn, he's really being nice to me.'

"It's okay, I wasn't busy. And, yeah, let's go."

When the two arrived, both of them queue up to order.

"What do you want?"

"I want chicken burger."

The two are currently eating, but not in silence. Surprisingly, Wonwoo talked to her. He's complaining about how a hassle it is to have tons of works now that he's becoming the chairman very soon.

"I don't know if I am really ready and is qualified to be the chairman. It's such a hard work, I knew it's a big role and I knew I have so many responsibilities compared to my job as a director. Ugh, I don't know." He scratched the back of his head, Sehui could see that he feels really unsettled seeing how his face looks right now.

"I don't know why my father said that I'm ready. How did he know? I really am not ready." He muttered.

Seeing Wonwoo talking a lot complaining about all these things, it made her smile.

'He's cute when he's ranting.'

"Hey.. Being the chairman is what you've always wanted. Of course you're ready. I know you can do it and I'm sure you can do more better than your father expected." Sehui giggled as he gave Wonwoo a soft punch on his arm.

"You can do it." She patted his back, flashing him a warm smile.

Wonwoo didn't say anything, he only stares at her.

It made Sehui think that she might've said the wrong thing.

After eating, Wonwoo drove Sehui back to her uni. Sehui didn't know what to say nor do. Wonwoo've been silent ever since, how much Sehui felt bad for saying that. But she didn't know what she've done wrong.