Chapter 02

"Dad! How could you do that?! I would rather work my butt off to pay everything we owed than marrying someone I've never met!" Protested Mr. Lim's daughter, Sehui.

"Sehui, please. This is the only way we could pay back those loan sharks and pay for your tuition fees. We only have 2 weeks or else you'll get kicked out of your university. I don't want you to get kicked out." Pleaded Mr. Lim as he lightly squeezed his daughter's hand.

"I don't want those loan sharks to go after you. They might even do something bad or dirty to you!" He added.

"Dad, I know! But marrying me off to your boss or whatsoever isn't the only way to settle all these things! I'll find a part time job again, okay?" Sehui smiled as she patted her dad's shoulder.

"What part time job would pay you that much? So much that it's enough to pay for all the debts and your tuition fees?" Mr. Lim's teary eyes stared at his daughter's.

"But dad, I don't want to get married yet!"

"You have to, Sehui. To help me, to help yourself, to help us. He's the only person who could help us." Mr. Lim begged.

"Okay, that's nice that he wanted to help us but then what? Why did he suddenly wanted to help? And that you have to marry me off to him in order for him to help? Why? Why dad? How could he be like that? Nobody wants to marry someone they've never met." Sehui rolled her eyes before groaning in disgruntlement.

"It makes sense but.."

"But what else? I don't want to marry him, that's final." Sehui ran out of the house.

Sehui wear her hood up, covering half of her face. The weather is quite windy and a bit dark though it's only 4pm. Sehui could tell that it's gonna rain anytime soon but that's not what she cares the most right now.

Slowly, tears fell down her cheeks.

"How could he just let me marry someone I've never met so easily.." She muttered.

Sehui bent her knees at the middle of the pathway, not caring everyone that are passing by. She lowered her head as she hugged her knees, crying.

"Why must our lives be like this? If only dad didn't take loan from those loan sharks.. All these things wouldn't have happened." She murmured.

"But, he had to do it or else I wouldn't be attending university by now.." She continued while sobbing.

Staying like that for a long time whilst thinking and crying about it, someone suddenly stopped right in front of her. Sehui lifted her head to take a look.

"S-Seokmin.."

"I knew it was you. I remembered this hoodie, it's the one that I gave you." He chuckled before he bent his knees.

"Why are you crying, Sehui?" He slowly pulled her hood down, revealing her face making Sehui blushed.

"N-nothing."

Lee Seokmin. One of Sehui's friends. Sehui knew all along that Seokmin have a crush on her, he's been being obvious about it but Sehui acted like she knew nothing even though she have a crush on him as well. For her, she isn't ready for any relationship, she wanted to get a job and stabilized her economy first before she really get into a relationship.

She wanted to help her father first, that's what she wanted the most as of now.

"Feeling good now?" Asked Seokmin, the two are now sitting on the bench together.

"Yeah.."

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, I won't force you. But if you really need someone to talk to, it's me, Sehui." Seokmin flashed her a warm smile.